H20-100 reboot problem and not finish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Volsfan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
I am on my fourth HR20-100s and they have had problems. The last 3 reboot themselves at any given time and get stuck in the setup mode putting an end to watching TV.

It sounds like the HDD gets stuck in one position and it will not get out of it. Usually if you leave it on long enough in this mode it will eventually finish the start up but this can take hours.

Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions?

I wish Directv would have left the component building to the experts!

Last edited:
I have no suggestion, but you really have an HR20 not H20.:)

My HR20 has had not problems, yet. But, it has only been in service for 5 weeks.

Thanks for the response. I get confused with my other better HD-DVR, H10-250 (no "R").

They have all come out of the box this way.

Do you have ethernet cables plugged in your units?
I was having simular problems a couple of weeks ago with my HR20-700's not getting past the first boot screen. I have all my units connected to the ethernet via hardwired. After days of trying to get them to reboot, I finally dis-connected the ethernet cable from the back and re-booted. Their was some conflict in the boot mode that had to do with ethernet cables being plugged in and blocking the boot up. This only applies if you have ethernet hooked to your unit. I'm not sure why and made D* aware of the problem. Hope this helps.
Jim

Currently no ethernet cables are connected but it does sound like yous was doing the same thing 3 of mine have done.

I have only got one satelite cable coming into it but I do not know why this would matter.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)