H20-100 video output ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

levibluewa

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 25, 2006
WA, OR, CA
Trying to connect RCA video outs to a Radio Shack A/V - RF Selector switch to feed an SD tv, via coax, located near the kitchen. Result: the picture is squished...side pillars on a 4:3 set. It appears that the 16:9 aspect ration is being transmitted to the 4:3 SD set. Any cures? Ideas? Thanks in advance.

Bruce

That might work for SD channels but I've just learned to live with it on the HD channels. The picture is actually quite good just narrower.

Thanks tkorell & joed32...

I just played with those settings and here is what I found.

The Native was set to off.

I can leave the resolutions 480 720 and 1080 selected with no effect on the SD tv.

Changing the screen type from 16:9 to 4:3 solves the squish on the SD tv, but stretches the picture on the HD tv, of course :)

With an HD program if I select type 16:9 the picture fills the SD screen with no black bars at top and bottom--which should be there--so picture appears a little bit squished.

Thanks for your help. I can live with this :)

Bruce, N of Seattle

I thought the format 4:3 letterbox will put the bars on the top and bottom for the HD and format 4:3 stretch will not put bars on the SD but I could be wrong (page 81 of the manual)

tkorell...

Thanks again,

I just checked that and you are correct. 4:3 letterbox setting will display the correct HD picture on the SD set by putting bars top & bottom.

Obviously I can't have both sets function properly at the same time and that is ok. Curious...do you know of a box other than the Radio Shack version that is capable of making the adjustment to the SD set via coax?

(The HD tv is being fed the HDMI connection from the H20-100.)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts