H20-600 / Aug. 31 & Sep. 1 / {CE:08:01} - 0x2030 WARNING Read/Proceed w/ Caution

Brewer4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 12, 2005
Hartford Connecticut
From DBSTalk.Com

LE Risks and Guidelines
How to Force Download an LE Release

Be sure to monitor the Living on the Edge forum HERE at Satellite Guys for changes in probability and go status!

H20-600 {CE:08:01} - 0x2030 Announcement
Systems in this CE / Version
H20-100 {CE:08:01} - 0x2030

Window of opportunity to download:
Friday; August 31, 2007 11PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday; September 1, 2007 11PM - 2:30AM ET
Current Probability: 85%
Be sure to monitor the threads and chat room to check on final availability

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Contents of the Release: (Differences based of Last National Release)
  • Items from CE:08:01

Improved
  • Guide speed performance

Updated
  • N/A

New feature(s)
  • SWM Support enabled
  • One Button Guide Toggle
  • INFO hold -> Jump to System Information Screen
  • Additional key presses on remote, will bring system out of standby
  • Program Guide now displays more then 4 characters of channel short name
  • Option to hide SD channels if HD channels are available

Notes
  • N/A

My receiver would not work in AV1/AV2 Remote Control Mode.

Last edited:
Download finished and I am up and running on 0x2030. My HR20-100 is feeling left out tonight.

Download finished and I am up and running on 0x2030. My HR20-100 is feeling left out tonight.
I'm in the process.It seems to be taking twice as long for some reason. It was at 90% ,so I let is go for about 15 minutes and came back to check on it ,then it was only at 33%. Not sure what happend.

My reciever took the download ok, but know it wont aquire information from the satellites

My got hung on 99% downloaded for a while but it eventually finished and when the box finished restarting as seemed to be normal. No problems here.

Mine is not right either. Doesn't have signal on all transponders,and will not let me force a down load to bring back old software. Need help.0 signal strengths on all even transponders.

I don't know ,All I do know is this software screwed up my H20.Only Odd transponders work. Give me a fix please. Directv is comming to hook up my new HR20 today.If I have to get another H20 I need to know. I tried to force a download ,but it will not let me.

I don't know ,All I do know is this software screwed up my H20.Only Odd transponders work. Give me a fix please. Directv is comming to hook up my new HR20 today.If I have to get another H20 I need to know. I tried to force a download ,but it will not let me.

Did you take your BBC off of the H20 to see if that helps temporarily correct the issue.

H20-600 would not respond in AV1/AV2 mode. I need it that mode since its hooked to Media center and next to other units. Reverting back to national release. Given what I have seen at DBSTalk, this version is pretty bad. I would warn against anyone casually looking at this release.

What if you cant force a download after this release like Hemi? Would doing a reset on the box solve the issue?

H20-600 would not respond in AV1/AV2 mode. I need it that mode since its hooked to Media center and next to other units. Reverting back to national release. Given what I have seen at DBSTalk, this version is pretty bad. I would warn against anyone casually looking at this release.

I would add this in big red letters at the very top of this thread

What if you cant force a download after this release like Hemi? Would doing a reset on the box solve the issue?

If its bricked, then Directv gets him another unit. I just forced downloaded mine. I have to move mulch but will be back later to see how it went.

Hemi, If your box is that bad off, I would try a factory reset prior to getting a new box. Normally factory resets will take items back to the code that it was running day one. You may then be able to force a download to take it back to the national release. Either that or it looks like you need to call D* for a new receiver.

Let me know what happens. I am now off to the see the Buckeyes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts