H20-600 / Aug. 31 & Sep. 1 / {CE:08:01} - 0x2030 WARNING Read/Proceed w/ Caution

Hemi, If your box is that bad off, I would try a factory reset prior to getting a new box. Normally factory resets will take items back to the code that it was running day one. You may then be able to force a download to take it back to the national release. Either that or it looks like you need to call D* for a new receiver.

Let me know what happens. I am now off to the see the Buckeyes.
Its toast!! Directv Tech looked at it while installing 5lnb for me.and I called Directv and their sending me a new receiver.I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE ELSE INSTALL THIS SOFTWARE.!!!!! WARNING!!!!

Hemi, If your box is that bad off, I would try a factory reset prior to getting a new box. Normally factory resets will take items back to the code that it was running day one. You may then be able to force a download to take it back to the national release. Either that or it looks like you need to call D* for a new receiver.

Let me know what happens. I am now off to the see the Buckeyes.
I did all that. I unpluged it for an hour. Reset it by the button,reset it by going through the menu. It refuses to force a download. I tried 11 times all day. Unless by some chance we get a national release tonight,I don't see this being fixed in my hands,I'm not even sure it will take a National download.

I did all that. I unpluged it for an hour. Reset it by the button,reset it by going through the menu. It refuses to force a download. I tried 11 times all day. Unless by some chance we get a national release tonight,I don't see this being fixed in my hands,I'm not even sure it will take a National download.

I was not talking about any resets by the button or unplugging it. I mean the reset to factory defaults option in the menu. It will wipe all your favorites and settings but it may help if not already tried.

Sorry to here that it did not work Hemi. Even though my receiver is currently working fine with this release I am thinking about going back to the National Release just to make sure everything stays working.

Sorry to here that it did not work Hemi. Even though my receiver is currently working fine with this release I am thinking about going back to the National Release just to make sure everything stays working.
I would. I'm done with CE's.Not worth the risk IMO.

From all the ones I've done, what I have personally seen with this one and what I am reading, this one is the worst if not near the worst. Sorry Hemi it happened to be one of your first. Heck of a way to start out. Just my recommendation, but I would not do this download tonight.

Just to let everyone know my brothers H20-600 and 1 of my friends H20-600 is toasted also,they performed same download last night ,and woke up this morning with the same problem.So again people BEWARE!! Just to add I know 9 people with the H20-600 ,and 3 including myself are the only ones with this problem. They all did the download as well. But there are still some complaints as well.

From all the ones I've done, what I have personally seen with this one and what I am reading, this one is the worst if not near the worst. Sorry Hemi it happened to be one of your first. Heck of a way to start out. Just my recommendation, but I would not do this download tonight.
It happends,Thats what its all about,, Risk. Directv can sort out the problems. Just use Caution. If it can happen to mine it can Happen to anyones.

Well I just made the move back to the national release. Call it a preemptive strike prior to having all the issues that everybody else have been seeing.

Loaded mine on Friday and haven't had a single issue. Interactive works, guide is much faster, it's a much more usable piece of equipment.

Hopefully they iron out the bugs on the next release. From what I have read, its a pretty good release for the folks with no issues. So thats at least the positive.

I got my replacement H20 today from last CE that ate my last one. It downloaded the lastest national release 2024,So far so good.I think I'll skip the next CE.

I got my replacement H20 today from last CE that ate my last one. It downloaded the lastest national release 2024,So far so good.I think I'll skip the next CE.

I am a glutton for punishment but I can definitely understand your trepidation.