H20-600 help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Burner6999

Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Ok first I want to start off by saying hello as this is my first post here. I have a H20-600 and I am having some trouble setting it up. I go through the setup until it gets to the advance program guide data screen, at this screen it says acquiring data from satellite until about 30% then it says searching for satellite and then goes back to 0%. I will now tell you what I have tried. I live in an apartment and the dish is a 3 LNB and it is owned by a system operator. I have done the software update and same problem. Reset the receiver still same problem. I contacted the system operator a while back when I had the same problem with my D10-200 and they told me that I had to have the LNB setup set to stacked LNBs I changed it on my D10 and that fixed the problem. No such luck with the H20. In the setup process where the receiver runs the test for satellite it picks up 101 and says ok but 119 and 110 fail. Also on the signal test screen where it shows the different transponders and the signal strength for each one all of the even number transponders show 0 and the odd ones 80-85. That is about all the information I can think of right now, so if anyone has any idea why it is like this please let me know. I appreciate any info on this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Ok first I want to start off by saying hello as this is my first post here. I have a H20-600 and I am having some trouble setting it up. I go through the setup until it gets to the advance program guide data screen, at this screen it says acquiring data from satellite until about 30% then it says searching for satellite and then goes back to 0%. I will now tell you what I have tried. I live in an apartment and the dish is a 3 LNB and it is owned by a system operator. I have done the software update and same problem. Reset the receiver still same problem. I contacted the system operator a while back when I had the same problem with my D10-200 and they told me that I had to have the LNB setup set to stacked LNBs I changed it on my D10 and that fixed the problem. No such luck with the H20. In the setup process where the receiver runs the test for satellite it picks up 101 and says ok but 119 and 110 fail. Also on the signal test screen where it shows the different transponders and the signal strength for each one all of the even number transponders show 0 and the odd ones 80-85. That is about all the information I can think of right now, so if anyone has any idea why it is like this please let me know. I appreciate any info on this problem.

Thanks in advance.

I'm no expert on this subject, but it sounds like a bad lnb.

Check the fittings sometimes they get rust also check the RG6 cable for staples if you have it under your carpet

I agree with both of these previous post, I would check connections and coax first.
Can you get to the LNB ? Is this set up for you only or the whole complex ? If it's for the complex you might want to have the System operater take care of it.

Jimbo

You are all wrong the system is a stacked LNB. Meaning that the 13volt and 18 volt signals are combined on the same line if you do not unstack the signal your IRD is unable to switch to the 13 volt signal. The HR20 is not compatible with a stacked lmb you have to get an external destacker.

Thanks alot. I will get a destacker and see if works.

P.S. Does anyone know where I can get a destacker real cheap?

Thanks alot. I will get a destacker and see if works.

P.S. Does anyone know where I can get a destacker real cheap?
DE Stackers are NOT REAL CHEAP, I think jamesclerie should come over and help you, he seems to think you can just go out and buy one at the local retail store.....

This is an issue that D* will have to work with you on , IF what jamesclerie said is true.

Jimbo

No it is not a problem directv should or will work you on his building has a company that manages the MDU they are responsible for geting the destacker and configureing it all for you.

I got a destacker and no help with the destacker I get zero on all transponders. Any ideas?

Sounds like a classic case of capacitance (i.e., oxidation - RUST) introduced in the signal path. You say you have a triple sat (though I would expect you to have a 5-sat with your H20, since HD locals are generally on the 99w or 103w), so I assume your dish has 4 "F"-connector ports. How many cable drops does your setup have? (1 per std IRD, 2 per DVR.) If your setup requires more than 4 drops, you most definitely have a multiswitch employed (unless, of course, you have a cable splitter -- but then that would be the source of your problem).

If you have more than one receiver, SWAP THEM temporarily. Does the problem follow the receiver, or remain with the outlet.

More than 80% of the problems described like yours I have seen were due to moisture in the lines. Using a 7/16" wrench, check all external "F"-connector junctions (barrel adapters, ground blocks, diplexors, multiswitches, power-pass splitters) for visible signs of rust (check both male and female parts). Also check to see that the right connectors were employed and properly installed. It is not uncommon to roll to a job and see that some technician tried to force an RG-6 connector onto an RG-59 cable (actually, RG-59 should not even be used), or a standard (dual shield) connector onto a tri-shield or quad-shield cable. Ofttimes the right connector would be used but the installer "forgot" to compress the fitting. I rarely see weather boots employed.

There is a good chance that your problem may be fixed without a ladder, but it also could be a bad connection topside.

Regardless , connectors (I STRONGLY recommend PPC compression type) and compression tools do not come cheap. You will also need a cable prep tool (do not use a utility knife, please). The investment is substantial for one-time use. It might be more beneficial to put in a service call, but it helps if you know what the real problem is before the tech arrives. I've seen to many erroneous equipment swaps (hurting all parties involved: customer, company, and technician). Make sure rubber weather boots are used!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)