H20-600 Running HOT

Status
Please reply by conversation.

eschu97611

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 4, 2004
L.A. CA
I recently grabbed an old H20-600 out of my garage and re-connected it to my tv in the bedroom. Touched the top of it this morning and it feels warmer than my H20-100. I have heard that some H20s have been known do this. Should I call to have it replaced with an H20-100( I have the protection plan) or is this "warmness" normal?:confused:

I recently grabbed an old H20-600 out of my garage and re-connected it to my tv in the bedroom. Touched the top of it this morning and it feels warmer than my H20-100. I have heard that some H20s have been known do this. Should I call to have it replaced with an H20-100( I have the protection plan) or is this "warmness" normal?:confused:
Did you clean it out first? like make sure there wasn't a lot of excess dust or that all the venting was ok?

Did you clean it out first? like make sure there wasn't a lot of excess dust or that all the venting was ok?

Don't think it is a dust issue. I have heard that the 600s run hotter than the 100s and just wanted to make sure all is normal. Don't have anything on top of it and it is venting normal and freely. If it continues, guess I will call to replace with a 100 or maybe try and "negotiate" an HR-20.

Don't think it is a dust issue. I have heard that the 600s run hotter than the 100s and just wanted to make sure all is normal. Don't have anything on top of it and it is venting normal and freely. If it continues, guess I will call to replace with a 100 or maybe try and "negotiate" an HR-20.

The 600's do run hotter than the 100's.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)