H20 and Vonage

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ghanes

Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
What is different about the H20? My HR10-250 calls D* and Tivo with very few problems. My Zenith HD-Sat520 also has no problem with Vonage.

My new H20 has been calling 10 times a day for the last two weeks with no luck. I tried connecting the H20 only but no difference.

Any thoughts besides D* doesn't want me to use Vonage? :(

May have answered my own question, I think! Info from DBSForums.

Hold right arrow> button then push menu button on the front pannel to bring up the Diagnostic menu. I added *99, to the call waiting prefix. I made a test call to one of the #s it had been calling and it went through. :)

Last edited:
Its all predicated on the internal modem used in the receiver, I would bet that they (and their initialization strings) are NOT the same, so a bit different setup required for each. Hardware is designed/built with "normal users" in mind not us with VoIP, so they can't plan for everything; even though this issue is more on the VoIP providers (to me). Glad you got it working. I have not moved to the H20's yet, still LG LSS-3200A & a Zenith HD-SAT520. I am waiting for the 2nd generations of MPEG4 receivers, or later.

Last edited:
Yes PPV & Caller ID. Also they say it is needed for NFL package. My wife would kill me if I lost that. LOL

P.S. I am told that > menu does not work on the H20-100 but it does work on my H20-600

I'm using TWC phone service with all of my boxes which includes 2 tivo's and an h20 and none of them have a problem completing a call.

I got the warning from TWC about some modem devices may not work properly with the broadband service, So far No Problems after about a year of service.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts