H20 automatically resetting itself -- any ideas?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

gwinchilla

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 17, 2004
Recently my H20 receiver started resetting itself at various times throughout the day. I've only had it happen when watching espn hd, it doesn't happen when watching other channels. For example, last night watching the home run derby, the receiver would just cut out and then reset itself. This happened twice within a half hour timeframe.

This has been happening for at least the last month.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Read the forum here or over at DBSTalk.com about the Cutting Edge releases. Many have participated and loaded the latest and greatest software (that is not National release yet) which seems to have cleared up most of the reboots.

Is this the H20-600? Its been notorious for over heating and rebooting. The latest software versions have improved my reboots as well as my keeping it in a nice cool ventilated area. If it keeps doing it, call directv and have them ship a replacement. Make sure they also suck up the 19.95 shipping charge.

My receiver was doing the same thing. I called D and they send me a new one, indicating on the call it was a known defect. The other day ago I got a letter in the mail informing me there was a $19.95 + $1.00 tax charge for the exchange, this was news to me because know one told me about a service charge when I first reported the problem. Long story short, I called D again and was told, rather rudely I had no choice but to pay the bill, period. Fianlly out of frustration I asked to escalate to a supervisor, I was and was given a credit in about 45 seconds. Just watch out for the exchange fee if you go down that road.

All hardware shipments will automatically spawn a $19.95 shipping charge. So always ask and get credited immediately if part of the deal. You can always get it corrected afterwards but that requires calling back.

All hardware shipments will automatically spawn a $19.95 shipping charge. So always ask and get credited immediately if part of the deal. You can always get it corrected afterwards but that requires calling back.

Unless you have the"protection plan"then you don't have to call back and argue cause it's Free.;)

Remember if you get the protection plan.It doesn't activate until day 31,and your
not charged until then either.;)

Unless you have the"protection plan"then you don't have to call back and argue cause it's Free.;)

Remember if you get the protection plan.It doesn't activate until day 31,and your
not charged until then either.;)

Good to know Jhon! Thanks for the info.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)