h20 freezing of picture

Status
Please reply by conversation.

aeneas3

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 31, 2005
hi guys
so i was surprised last week when d* came to install our hd receiver and programming set up and OAA and we got an h20 in buffalo...which wont go to mpeg4 for a while. anyway, we have our old 3lnb still obviously and all week things were great watching local HD channels (from the OAA) and the HD programming chanenels.
my wife got back from work today and only gets audio with a frozen picture. I am obviously getting the same thing. swapping resolution doesnt change anything. resetting up the satellite doesnt help. it is windy out. Watching the tv thru our tivo which is on the same tv and NOT hd all works fine.
satellite strengths are running mostly in the 70s.
any ideas about what is going on?
going to call d* once they open, just curious what u all think
we have a 55" mitsubishi
thanks a bunch!

hey thanks
i actually figured it out right after I posted but the site was down (at least i couldnt get on).
everything thru the receiver was off yet the tivo worked fine so I figured it was teh receiver. went to d* website and realized that the button I thought i was pressing to power down the h20 is not the reset button, there is one of those. pressed it, the calibration ran and bingo it works.
when in doubt reboot :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts