H20 keeps resetting

Status
Please reply by conversation.

aec4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
This started out happening maybe twice a week.. it's now up to 4-5 times a day.. Basically, it resets itself by just going black, for about 2 minutes, then rebooting, and reacquiring the guide...t otal time about 7-8 minutes...

What causes this?

sounds like a bad reciver. IF you let it on all the time it wouldn't be a bad idea to power down when not in use.

sounds like a bad reciver. IF you let it on all the time it wouldn't be a bad idea to power down when not in use.

Someone watches it a lot of the day with a 20 month old and a wife who is home...

Receiver is not new either... so this is weird.

some poeple let their recivers on 24/7 which causes them to get rather warm and hot if not proper ventilation. as with any electronic device parts go bad, new or old. if i was sent to service your issue you would be getting a replacment.

if i was sent to service your issue you would be getting a replacment.

i was thinking though, could be a software glitch that forcing an update could fi:mad: reset then 02468 on remote during welcome screen) but don't know for sure. wouldn't have time to wait or want a repeat srv. call.

i was thinking though, could be a software glitch that forcing an update could fi:mad: reset then 02468 on remote during welcome screen) but don't know for sure. wouldn't have time to wait or want a repeat srv. call.

I'm trying this now... We'll see how I make out. It's downloading as we speak.

There have been software updates to fix your problem, but I think they are only available at certain times. Have you checked the Living on the Edge forum?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)