H20 Model/Mfg Numbers?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mcbeevee

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
What are the current model/manufacturer numbers for the H20 receivers? Which model do most people recommend? :confused:

I know of 2, the H20-300 is Humax. The H20-600 is LG. The LG model uses the 5th gen. LG ATSC tunner chip and has great OTA performance. If you can pick and choose, go for the -600.

f300v10 said:
I know of 2, the H20-300 is Humax. The H20-600 is LG. The LG model uses the 5th gen. LG ATSC tunner chip and has great OTA performance. If you can pick and choose, go for the -600.

D* installed me an H20-600 and the OTA performance is incredable! who made this, lg?

A question for you folks with the H20....is the OTA tuner digital (ATSC) only. No analog (NTSC)? I know NTSC is dying off but seems early to omit it as a tuner. Can anyone verify this before I make a purchase. Thx. :)

Rhodemaster said:
A question for you folks with the H20....is the OTA tuner digital (ATSC) only. No analog (NTSC)? I know NTSC is dying off but seems early to omit it as a tuner. Can anyone verify this before I make a purchase. Thx. :)
Yep, just ATSC, no NTSC tuner in the H20.

Your TV should have an NTSC tuner and most DMAs are covered with SD locals via DBS and your local cable co always has them, so why would any new DBS receivers need them? Just adds to the cost for something no longer needed.

THX Rad, going thru my guide it seems most my OTA is now digital anyhow. Might lose one or two stations that haven't caught up yet.

Agreed NTSC is dying a slow death thanks to Washington.

Charper, the tuner in the TV wouldn't intergrate the channels into the guide though would it. That would be a pain for a very lazy surfer.:) How much did they save leaving it out?:D

No biggie, NTSC is all but over it, someone had to drop it first.

charper1 said:
Your TV should have an NTSC tuner and most DMAs are covered with SD locals via DBS and your local cable co always has them, so why would any new DBS receivers need them? Just adds to the cost for something no longer needed.

In a word .... Convenience.

That way you don't have to be changing inputs to go to different channels.

Seeing HD channels are still new to most people , the networks don't always broadcast in the Digital/HD format, most do, but not all.
Also I have come across alot of times where the digital/ HD signal is either not being broadcast or not being able to pick it up strong enough to have a usable signal.
This happens from time to time.

Not all stations are at full power yet also.

Just a few instances for keeping analog tuners around until the analog to digital change is final

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts