H20 quit working via HDMI

Status
Please reply by conversation.

anderson111

Original poster
Nov 4, 2006
Four months ago I connected my Samsung flat panel LCD 720p TV to an existing H20-100 via an HDMI connection. Up until yesterday it performed perfectly when I turned the set on to a blank screen and the following message (this mode not supported)

I swapped the TV (Samsung) to another room where we have a H23 and it worked OK via HDMI. I tried another TV on the H20 and could only connect via component connection.

I really would like to use the HDMI connections my sets are capable of, any thoughts as to what might have caused this situation?

I have exactly the same setup (H20 to Samsung LCD) so your post made me check mine and it's working fine. I assume you've checked the HDMI cable so it sounds like you might have a bad HDMI out on the H20. Have you rebooted the H20? It's about the only thing I can think to do short of getting a new/replacement receiver.

I have exactly the same setup (H20 to Samsung LCD) so your post made me check mine and it's working fine. I assume you've checked the HDMI cable so it sounds like you might have a bad HDMI out on the H20. Have you rebooted the H20? It's about the only thing I can think to do short of getting a new/replacement receiver.

Yes, Ive done everything, unplugged and re plugged all the connections, pulled out and reseated the card, rebooted, etc

In the event its a bad receiver (It's been in service for a couple of years or so) and I dont have equipment protection, what is the best case scenario, costwise from DirecTV for getting a H21 or H23?

I've heard different things about how DirecTV would treat a broken HDMI connection in terms of swapping out an H20. Some people have dealt with CSRs who say it isn't really broken since the component feeds still work while others report DirecTV had no problem swapping out the H20 because of a broken HDMI connector. Obviously it's a case of CSR roulette. Give them a call and explain the situation. Since it's probably a leased unit they may swap it out for shipping and handling.

(this mode not supported)

The only time I've seen this is when there is a resolution issue or the HDMI has failed. Some people reported this message forcing the receiver into 1080p mode whose Tv's didn't support that resolution.

You can try Menu>Setup>System Setup>HDTV>TV Resolutions

and only check the box for 720P.

You can also go into your Samsung TV menu & reset everything to default/factory settings & program your inputs/settings from scratch.

I suppose there's a 1 in 1000 that your HDMI cable could have gone bad too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Best way to move back to DIRECTV....

Can I copy programs from internal HR21 HDD to new ESATA HDD?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)