H20 Remote

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RIRWIN1983

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 22, 2005
Does the H20 come with a Ir or UHF/RF remote, because in the box it had the attenna like E*811 did, but the installer "misplaced" the remote and whent back to his truck and brouch me up one, which dident work for RF programing on the box.

RIRWIN1983 said:
Does the H20 come with a Ir or UHF/RF remote, because in the box it had the attenna like E*811 did, but the installer "misplaced" the remote and whent back to his truck and brouch me up one, which dident work for RF programing on the box.

Mine came with a IR/RF remote. It was set to IR out of the box and needed to change it to RF.

The H20 comes with a RC24 remote. The number is in the top left by the slide switch. It is either IR or UHF depending on the menu setting you select.
The R15 comes with a RC23 remote and the D10/D11 does not have a number on the remote but I believe it is a RC16.

Where can you buy an RC24, at the D* site there is only one type available and they call it a "universal" remote, no model number is listed. Just put in my H20 on Saturday and set the remote up as an RF want a second one for other areas of the house.

dragon002 said:
it comes with the antenna for RF,but the remote is IR, as are all directv remotes.

Funny, mine came with an IF/RF remote, determined by menu setup.

Chip

I wanted to know what good does a rf remote do for you?I mean where else to you change channels from besides within 20 feet or less from a tv.IR seems fine to me unless you want to hide the reciever in a wall or something.THe installer said my R-15 came with the rf antenna and then he couldn't find it but i think he could have been mistakin although it does have a rf input on back.

dervari said:
Multi-room setups, hiding the receiver, etc...
not standing right in the line of site of the reciever. but anyways yea the remove he gave me has no number on top, looks exactly like the outher 4 remotes, did he give me a wrong one since he "misplaced" the outher, bc i rember seeing that number on the remote when he was here the day before, but had to go and get a new h20.

RIRWIN1983 said:
not standing right in the line of site of the reciever. but anyways yea the remove he gave me has no number on top, looks exactly like the outher 4 remotes, did he give me a wrong one since he "misplaced" the outher, bc i rember seeing that number on the remote when he was here the day before, but had to go and get a new h20.
Open the battery compartment remove batteries, there should be a paper tag it will say RC16 if it is a D10/D11 remote. That is the wrong remote for a H20. Also the top left has a TV input button if there isn't a format button under it, it is the wrong remote for H20.:)

The R-15 is compatible with rf but website says it will need a upgrade through the phone coming first or second quarter of 06.Also it will not come with the antenna and you will need to get one.

The HD recievers come with a RF remote that has to be programmed to make them work on the RF signal. The R15 does not come with an antenna but does have a RF antenna input on the back.

My H-20's remote is terrible. To do anything takes several attempts. I'm talking about anything. Changing the channel, hitting the Guide botton...Anything. It flat out stinks.:(

alta said:
My H-20's remote is terrible. To do anything takes several attempts. I'm talking about anything. Changing the channel, hitting the Guide botton...Anything. It flat out stinks.:(

It's not the remote's fault. It's the way that D* decided to setup the menus on their receivers that's the problem. They could easily change stuff like having to press the guide button twice on the H20 to get the actual guide up. If we make enough noise about it maybe they'll change it.

No remote/GUI combo that I've used has been better than those that came with the RCA receivers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)