H20 won't turn on!?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

aec4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
I've had it for about 8 months now. It's been perfect. I used it last night, without problems, and turned it off around 11:30 pm Eastern. I went back downstairs this morning around 9 am Eastern, and it's dead. Usually, when the H20 is off, there is a little red light in the power button. Today, it's dead. I unplugged it and tried again. No luck. I tried holding the power button down... No luck. I swapped out the power cord (we have 2 H20s), no luck. The other H20 seems to be working fine.. The bad one won't even turn on.

Any advice?

1-800-531-5000 tech support.

I was afraid of that. Calling support from D* is like banging my headon the wall.

Funny thing is they made me sign a 2 yr commitment to activate the receiver. It probably was a bad assumption of mine that it would actually LAST 2 years.

If you purchased it 8 months ago it is a leased receiver. DirecTV should send you a new one for free. I had a H20 I purchased before DirecTV changed to leased receivers and when my H20 became hot enough to cook on they replaced for $20. My current H20 is a leased receiver and they said if anything goes wrong with a leased receiver it is replaced for free.

If you purchased it 8 months ago it is a leased receiver. DirecTV should send you a new one for free. I had a H20 I purchased before DirecTV changed to leased receivers and when my H20 became hot enough to cook on they replaced for $20. My current H20 is a leased receiver and they said if anything goes wrong with a leased receiver it is replaced for free.

It was right before the leasing program. I thought that was April 30th, but I looked back.. It was February 28th.

Just another fast question; have you tried another outlet? If it is hot, then maybe a PS or a fuse blown in the receiver? Did you have any bad weather last night; lightning?

Just another fast question; have you tried another outlet? If it is hot, then maybe a PS or a fuse blown in the receiver? Did you have any bad weather last night; lightning?

I did. I moved it to another TV in another room (that had a working H20 on it, so I didn't have to route the plug or the components) with no luck.

UPDATE: Called Retention and they are sending a new one to me, GRATIS.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)