H21 1080P

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PMKS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 7, 2005
South Texas
So both of my H21-100's got the latest update....

In the set-up menu > HDTV > Resolutions there is now an option for 1080P under the 1080i, I selected the 1080P box, went through the test where you push the info button to confirm my TV would do 1080P, then got a message saying that while I now have 1080P, I would not be able to scroll through to 1080P using the format button on the DirecTV remote...

So when will DirecTV actually put out a show or channel in 1080P ? ( I'm not talking about VOD )
and how will I know the program is in 1080P ?

My one and only H23-600 doesn't show the 1080P resolution option yet so I guess the update for the H23's hasn't reached mine yet..

One other things, both my H21's are kinda slower and sluggish since this update :confused:

you have to set your receiver to Native on the HDTV menu. It will automatically switch when a PPV is on 1080p. Regular programmin wont be 1080p for a while.

Hi, PMKS. I also noticed my H21's were sluggish after the latest software update. Instead of a smooth crawl the guide just jumps all of a sudden. The channel changes are also much slower. I think this update was a setback.

Hi, PMKS. I also noticed my H21's were sluggish after the latest software update. Instead of a smooth crawl the guide just jumps all of a sudden. The channel changes are also much slower. I think this update was a setback.

MENU/SYSTEM SETUP/HDTV/Native: ON with multiple TV Resolutions will give the best picture but slow channel changing.

MENU/SYSTEM SETUP/DISPLAY/SCROLLING EFFECTS: OFF will cause the jumps when paging up/down. Setting it ON will add the smooth effect but slow guide navigation down.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)