jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
H21 / H23 Version 0x43A5
Staggered rollout began February 17, 2010.

New features
MRV Support (includes remote recording setup)
Support for WET610N (Linksys Wireless Adapter)
DASH key identifies if SWM install

Improvements/Updates
Wider left menu when applicable in user interface
Cast & Crew Program Info
DLNA support

I live in Dutchess County, NY and have an H23-600...last updated on 10/1/2009. Anyone on the East Coast/NY area get this update as of yet?

Without checking in the "System" menu for a date and version...is there anyway to look at the receiver and see if an update was downloaded and installed? I was led to believe that there would be a light on the receiver that would come on, before turning it on for the first time after the update.

Thanks!
smile.gif

Any reports from anyone on their H23-600? I'm on the East Coast (upstate NY) and still NO update. :(

Would checking with DirecTV technical support buy us anything, as far as seeing if they know what's going on with the H23-600s not updating as of yet?

I live in Dutchess County, NY and have an H23-600...last updated on 10/1/2009. Anyone on the East Coast/NY area get this update as of yet?

Without checking in the "System" menu for a date and version...is there anyway to look at the receiver and see if an update was downloaded and installed? I was led to believe that there would be a light on the receiver that would come on, before turning it on for the first time after the update.

Thanks!
smile.gif

The light deal was IF you have the round ring of lights turned OFF, when you get an update over night, you will notice that the Ring of lights will be back on after an update.

Just got this information from the DBS Talk forum...

"Read on D* tech forum that they are having trouble with the MRV on the H23s."

Guess we wait until this is remedied...

POSSIBLE GOOD NEWS...

I saw this posted over at DBS Talk...might be good news for those of us H23 owners that are still awaiting an update...

"My H23-600 had the older upgrade of 0x434d, 18 Dec 2009, checked it this morning, and it had an upgrade of 0x43a9, 4 May 2010 @ 3:14am. Haven't found any info on the latest upgrade? Everything seems to be working fine."

THAT IS GOOD NEWS for most us us here!
smile.gif

I hope that those of us on the East Coast see this soon. The above was an H23 in Idaho, so it "should" happen so...let's hope so!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)