H21 - SWM setting

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CodyCC

Original poster
Sep 30, 2010
Texas
I am trying to change satellite setup to 18" round multiswitch for tailgating, but when the installer upgraded my home system a couple weeks back, he set up all my recr's to SWM.

Now I'm looking for the directions on the way to switch back and forth from SWM to Multiswitch, so I can take my H21-200 tailgating, then bring it home for use in the house.

If this seems like it would be too much work to do (technical wise), what would I need to get exactly for a off site tailgating? I already have the 18" round and plenty of Coax

Cody CC

I've done that 20+ times....and it still comes back as an error...something like, satellite could not be found...etc.....so then I go back into sat settings to do it again....and the settings for my house are there again.

It's like my H21-200 won't let me unhook from the settings from my house.

Also, once the error comes back that says Sat could not be found, I look at signal meter readings....and zero's all the way down...although my signal finder and aiming is right on the 101.

Would signal meters not show properly because the reciever is not recognizing the 18" round.....and is looking for my SL3 SWM dish at the house?

At one point, I even received the 771 (A) error, which has to do with SWM.

Simply put, I can't reconfigure my H21 to unlock its SWM home setting, and allow me to hook up the 18" round multiswitch dish.
(even after doing a full "reset everything")

This was a ton easier with the old H20...and even ones before.

Oh yeah...by the way, I'm not too sure if this matters or not, but I had a DECA connection at the house on this reciever, and it is used with a whole home DVR system (with HR24 and H24)

I wish there was someone besides DTV that I could call to help me out with this.

Maybe a RBR with the sat connections disconnected will help.

Then connect the round dish and do another RBR.

I'm swatting flies here as I don't have SWM and don't know for sure.

Maybe if you repost in the other thread some of the members who are watching that thread will reply.

OK....thanks for you help.

RBR ???

BTW, would you recommend me purchasing an older model D12 or something like that, and having D* activate it? That way, I could just keep it in the camper full time, and just pay the $5.99 per month to have it going.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts