H24/100 HELL!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

corkangel76

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2010
SF Bay Area, CA, USA, Earth
Installed DTV HD (upgraded from HDVR2 SD Tivos about a month ago... Since then DTV has been at my house every single week since then. To date, I've gone thru 3 H24/100 DVRs and they have sent out a "case management tech" to no avail... The "case management tech" and I use quotes because this guy knows NOTHING... has replaced my DVR 3 times, my multiswitch, my LNB, my SWM, etc... I keep trying to tell them that my ongoing DVR lock up issue is a software bug and not a hardware issue... they keep telling me that its my cabling.

Since when does a bad cable only cause a system lockup during PLAYBACK? I don't have bad cables, my signal strength is fine. You think DTV Case management would be a bit more tech savvy... I'm a network systems engineer with 20+ years experience... I know this is a software issue, and yet, I get NO support or assistance from DTV.. My DVR keeps locking up during fast forward during playback... everything else works great...

Anyone have any thoughts? Im currently running the 40d failfirmware..:mad:

H24-100 is a receiver, not a DVR. Do you mean HR24-100? I am aware of some issues with the HR24-500 (which I have), but not the -100 or -200 these numbers correspond to different manufacturers). I don't have any problems with my H24-100.

These are all new designs and the software may still have some issues which haven't yet been resolved.

H24-100 is a receiver, not a DVR. Do you mean HR24-100? I am aware of some issues with the HR24-500 (which I have), but not the -100 or -200 these numbers correspond to different manufacturers). I don't have any problems with my H24-100.

These are all new designs and the software may still have some issues which haven't yet been resolved.

Bob, your right... I have the HR24/100 which is the HD DVR.... my apologies.

That sounds like Hard drive issues. Lock up on play back, or even dropouts on playback.

I wouldn't doubt your going to see more and more issues.
Now that more and more are getting them.

You're not alone. Before I switched to cable about 2 years ago and got a Tivo HD, It was one big nightmare with HR20s and HR21s. My first 8 months, I went through 4 units with what they claimed was hard drive failures.

Status
Please reply by conversation.