H24,25 Remote controls

Status
Please reply by conversation.
for the HR24...yes

What non DVR HD receivers are they giving out w/ the HR34 HMC? My work order doesn't specify. Also, is the external kit like E*'s with a little rf to IR receiver box you place in line of sight of the receiver?

Kb Cool said:
What non DVR HD receivers are they giving out w/ the HR34 HMC? My work order doesn't specify. Also, is the external kit like E*'s with a little rf to IR receiver box you place in line of sight of the receiver?

Just depends. We are supposed to use h25's if we have them and if not h24's. Be forwarned though that we are still receiving refurbed h21 and h23's. The RF kit comes with a bracket to mount the 25 to the wall and a short antenna and about a 6ft line that plugs directly into the back of the 25.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using SatelliteGuys

Just depends. We are supposed to use h25's if we have them and if not h24's. Be forwarned though that we are still receiving refurbed h21 and h23's. The RF kit comes with a bracket to mount the 25 to the wall and a short antenna and about a 6ft line that plugs directly into the back of the 25.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using SatelliteGuys

Thanks. I'm wondering if i can make a call to directv and ask that at least one H24 be installed? I plan on splitting it's video output signal
to feed two bedooms? Thats why i want a UHF remote. And the H24 appears to have the "cleanest" option to do that. I guess? Or better yet which receiver is best? The H24 or 25? Also, what is wrong with the H21,23?

Thanks. I'm wondering if i can make a call to directv and ask that at least one H24 be installed? I plan on splitting it's video output signal
to feed two bedooms? Thats why i want a UHF remote. And the H24 appears to have the "cleanest" option to do that. I guess? Or better yet which receiver is best? The H24 or 25? Also, what is wrong with the H21,23?

With the H21 & H23,you need an external DECA adapter(the adapter connects to your coaxial cable with the other end hooked up to the H21/23's input for satellite reception. There is then an ethernet cable that connects the adapter to the boxes' ethernet input) if you are getting a DECA multi-room viewing set up. Both the H24 & H25 have DECA internally,so you only need to hook up the coaxial cable for internet connection. The H25 is good if you have limited space to place it. It has a bracket("sold" separately if you were to order a or another H25 later) that allows you to set it up on the wall behind your TV if it's big screen & not attached to the wall itself.The RF antenna can then be attached so that you can control the H25 with a RF remote,the H24's RF antenna is built internally.

Directv can't specify model on their system. When the installer calls you can tell him your preference but there is no guarantee.

H21/23, other than being refurb, is a larger box and a bit slower processing, though not too much difference on the non-dvr model. It is noticable on the dvr model HR21/HR23.

For what you want to do the H24 would work best.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts