H24-700 Installation Questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jharlon394

Original poster
Oct 8, 2010
Texas
I want to upgrade to HD programming and I am looking at getting an H24-700. Can anyone tell me what satellite that would be best used with that receiver? I think I need a 5-LNB KaKu SL5 and a BBC. Will these components work together and do I need anything else?

Comments and suggestions needed, thanks!

Or get a slimline with a SWiM LNB. One cable to your DVR instead of two, (plus a small power supply) no BBC's. If you ever get the desire to add more receivers and get MRV, you are already set to go. They are only $40 more than a standard slimline.

DIRECTV AU9-S-SWM Five LNB Ka/Ku Slim Line Dish Antenna SL-5 LNB Combo (AU9-S-SWM) - DIRECTV Slim Line - AU9-S-SWM -

Have you called DirecTV and inquired about getting the upgrade? You can buy/lease the HR24 yourself to guarantee that model, then have them come out and install the new dish....it will probably free or close to it...

A slimline 3 looks at sats 99, 101, and 103. A slimline 5 looks at sats 99, 101, 103, 110 and 119. All of Directv's hd programming is on sat's 99, 103 and most of the sd programming is on 101. Sat 119 has some Spanish and some sonic tap chanels. Direct might move their international programming to sat 110, which currently does not have programming. BBC's are used with none SWM systems. BBC's are not used with SWM because they are built into the SWM switch.

Slimlines are extremely difficult to align and would recommend having Directv install the dish. I had my slimline 5 installed by Direct. I did not get a SWM install because of the R15 and D11 receivers. The HR24 and H21 have the bbc's on the sat cables.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)