H24 Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JohnL

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 23, 2003
Spencerport, NY
I just replaced my D12 on my boat with a H24, The Dish on my Boat is an Intellian I2 (which mimics a Phase Three Dish including its switching protocols)

My H24 seems to be working fine, although when I setup up the antenna configuration in the H24 menu (Selecting "Three LNBF Dish" along with "Multiswitch) on the bottom of that screen says I need a "B" Band converter. I didn't have a "B" Converter with me although I do have one at Home.

The H24 seems fine switching to 119 for my SD Locals (which are likely going away in the future), as well as switching back to 101 and have been able to tune all the channels I watch (although sometimes the H24 has trouble (Picture breakup for a few seconds before syncing up) when switching between Polarities (Even or Odd) at 101, so the question remains should I install the "B" Band Converter.

BTW My Intellian Dish is NOT capable of receiving KA Band only KU Band so the only Orbital Slots I can receive signals from to my H24 are from 110, 119.

John

I just replaced my D12 on my boat with a H24, The Dish on my Boat is an Intellian I2 (which mimics a Phase Three Dish including its switching protocols)

My H24 seems to be working fine, although when I setup up the antenna configuration in the H24 menu (Selecting "Three LNBF Dish" along with "Multiswitch) on the bottom of that screen says I need a "B" Band converter. I didn't have a "B" Converter with me although I do have one at Home.

The H24 seems fine switching to 119 for my SD Locals (which are likely going away in the future), as well as switching back to 101 and have been able to tune all the channels I watch (although sometimes the H24 has trouble (Picture breakup for a few seconds before syncing up) when switching between Polarities (Even or Odd) at 101, so the question remains should I install the "B" Band Converter.

BTW My Intellian Dish is NOT capable of receiving KA Band only KU Band so the only Orbital Slots I can receive signals from to my H24 are from 110, 119.

If your dish doesn't receive 99/103 you don't need the B band converter. That message on the receiver is in error, you can ignore it.

Reactions: harshness

John
The BBC is for HD basically, seeing your doing SD, you'll be fine.
You must get the 101 on that dish as well ... I would imagine.

The BBC is for HD basically, seeing your doing SD, you'll be fine.
You must get the 101 on that dish as well ... I would imagine.

Yes, My Dish receives signals from 101 and 119. I had a typo at the end of the message saying 110 and 119, I meant 101 and 119.

Reactions: Jimbo
The plan is to deliver a range of "popular channels" from 101 although Directv has not said what they will be.

Yeah it is too bad the MPEG2 SD retirement got pushed back, we would have only been a few months away if it hadn't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts