H24 receiver First Look

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
And Scott doesn't put SatGuys copyrights over pictures or spec sheets that he put on his site:rolleyes:

The CE program isn't just about testing new features, it's about testing the entire software package with any changes that might have been made. This allows 'normal' customers to put the code through it's paces before the general public gets it so hopefully they don't see any problems.

If you want to talk about CE being a joke, the CE group here is the bigger joke. For the last CE release for the HR2X/R22 there's a total of 7 posts in the thread, and only two of those report a problem and neither of them have a diagnostig report number in them. At DBS the HR2X/R22 issue thread has 60 post in it with 36 of them logging a diagnostic report numbers. There's also the MRV issue thread for this release which has 21 posts in it with 10 diagnostic reports logged.

Sorry, just how I see it.

Maybe were not as critical over here with the software.
I've been out of town, so I was not on the board this past Friday.

I look for whether or not the software works for the everyday guy, not is there a 1/4 sec delay here or there.
If I find a problem I usually look at the threads to see if there is a fix before I send a report for something that wasn't an issue in the grand scheme of things.

Have the wonderful guys at dbstalk figured out a way to make the CID work on a regular basis ?
After all they are the ones that change the code and send the appropriate changes down the datastream Right ?

this looks good. i mean real good!!! just update the GUI and we're set!

this looks good. i mean real good!!! just update the GUI and we're set!

I'd love to see an HD GUI, but when DirecTV took over control of all the STB's they wanted a common look and feel. Unless they're changing that direction I don't see it coming, at least anytime in the near term future. Just my opinion.

My HR22-100 and HR23-700 both have optical outputs on them.

Maybe I'm thinkin the H series, then again, I may just be flat out wrong.

Does the HR22 / HR23 have coax too?

My HR20's only have optical, and I would prefer coax, both use a converter to go coax which is split and sent to three loactions.

Maybe I'm thinkin the H series, then again, I may just be flat out wrong.

Does the HR22 / HR23 have coax too?

My HR20's only have optical, and I would prefer coax, both use a converter to go coax which is split and sent to three loactions.

Yep, both my HR22-100 and HR23-700 have coax and TOSLINK.

Overall I'm still unimpressed with this H24 sure 3.75seconds is better than 4.15 is an improvement...it still sucks. Just out of curiosity is E* this slow when changing channels? I can only go from my aunt who has E* its not a HD DVR but it took 1 second to change channels.

Overall I'm still unimpressed with this H24 sure 3.75seconds is better than 4.15 is an improvement...it still sucks. Just out of curiosity is E* this slow when changing channels? I can only go from my aunt who has E* its not a HD DVR but it took 1 second to change channels.
1 second on the 722k and 622, 2 on a bad day.;)

i think the whole home dvr is the HR24 no? ahhh we'll find out soon enough ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)