Status
Please reply by conversation.

cparker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 8, 2007
Sanborn, NY
I looked for an H25 manual online and couldn't find one. Went to DirecTV's web site and couldn't find the H25 mentioned at all. :)

I'll be doing a kitchen remodel and want to replace that useless cabinet above the refrigerator with a flat screen on an articulating mount. It looks like the H25 might be a very nice option behind that TV using the wall mount.

Right now I have a pair of HR24s and MRV. Just trying to clarify what the H25 can and can't do in an MRV system.

Can it see the list of recorded programs and play them?
If it's playing recorded content, can it pause/skip ahead/skip back?

We do a LOT of recording. Like we rarely watch live TV except for the news and sometimes we time shift that as well. If the H25 can play really nice in the MRV environment, it's an option I'd like to consider. I just can't find a user manual for it.

My other option, since this remodel is in the very early planning stage, is to wait and see what the new HR34 is all about. If it's as good as my HR24s, I could take the current HR24 from the living room, put it in the kitchen, and put the HR34 in the living room. That would absolutely solve all of out recording issues.

So... anyone got an electronic copy of the H25 manual? I can find a spec sheet, but it doesn't have what I'm looking for in terms of operational capabilities.

thanks

The 25 can view all the recordings and play them as well. It will pause/rewind/ fast forward whatever you're watching watching from your "list" but just acts as a normal HD receiver otherwise. Unable to pause/rewind/fast forward live tv. Size however has been called the of a book. I say it's correct, stack 2 DVD cases on top of each other and thats almost the exact size of it. The 34 however I couldn't tell you a lot, I haven't really followed it much. Waiting until launch when we get to install them to base my opinion on it. I'm sure somebody on here that's really been follow it could tell you more. There is a topic on here somewhere if you search for it I'm sure you could find all kinds of useful information :D

I looked for an H25 manual online and couldn't find one. Went to DirecTV's web site and couldn't find the H25 mentioned at all. :)

I'll be doing a kitchen remodel and want to replace that useless cabinet above the refrigerator with a flat screen on an articulating mount. It looks like the H25 might be a very nice option behind that TV using the wall mount.

Right now I have a pair of HR24s and MRV. Just trying to clarify what the H25 can and can't do in an MRV system.

Can it see the list of recorded programs and play them?
If it's playing recorded content, can it pause/skip ahead/skip back?

We do a LOT of recording. Like we rarely watch live TV except for the news and sometimes we time shift that as well. If the H25 can play really nice in the MRV environment, it's an option I'd like to consider. I just can't find a user manual for it.

My other option, since this remodel is in the very early planning stage, is to wait and see what the new HR34 is all about. If it's as good as my HR24s, I could take the current HR24 from the living room, put it in the kitchen, and put the HR34 in the living room. That would absolutely solve all of out recording issues.

So... anyone got an electronic copy of the H25 manual? I can find a spec sheet, but it doesn't have what I'm looking for in terms of operational capabilities.

thanks

Can't remember where I saw the full H25 User Guide but here is the spec sheet I had saved. I will look for the manual too.

Attachments

• directv_h25_short.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 929
I have 3 H25s with a HR24. I've only had the system since Thursday, so I haven't got a lot of time in with them yet, but they appear able to do what you want. I previously had a Dish 222 in the kitchen, sitting on top of the refrigerator, below the TV mounted on the wall above it. It is still a little strange to look up and not see a box sitting there, because the H25 is so small.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)