Leave DirectTV - Receiver / Dish Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kgm32

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2011
mi
Leaving DirectTV - Receiver / Dish Question

I give up...I am tired of the constant merry go round with DirectTV over the Redzone Channel. I don't want the Sunday Ticket it has become over priced. Last year after a lot of run around, I was given the DirectTV Redzone as a stand a lone item. I tried this year and got the same run around, I did not want to deal with it so I let it go. Now with the potentional Fox fiasco I have decided to jump ship. I know the HR23 I have will need to be returned. But I do own 2 HDVRs and 2 R10s. Do these have any value on the open market? Also, will I need to return the dish itself or can that be sold and is there a market for it. Thanks

Last edited:
I give up...I am tired of the constant merry go round with DirectTV over the Redzone Channel. I don't want the Sunday Ticket it has become over priced. Last year after a lot of run around, I was given the DirectTV Redzone as a stand a lone item. I tried this year and got the same run around, I did not want to deal with it so I let it go. Now with the potentional Fox fiasco I have decided to jump ship. I know the HR23 I have will need to be returned. But I do own 2 HDVRs and 2 R10s. Do these have any value on the open market? Also, will I need to return the dish itself or can that be sold and is there a market for it. Thanks

The dish, and any multi-switch you may have, is yours and you are free to sell them. If you do actually own the 2 HD DVRs and the 2 R10s, then yes you can sell those as well. There is a market for them, just browse Ebay. When you call to cancel, they will send a return kit for the HR23 you are leasing. Is your 2 year contract up?

Thanks for the information. I do own all boxes they are not HD DVRs but the HDVR2 (early Tivo Boxes with 40 GB HD) except the HR23 and its two year commitment ended in July.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)