H2H acting very strange tonite anyone else?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

radio

"On the Air" in MI
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2007
West Central Michigan
It's been a few days since using H2H, and tonite, pre-time change by the way, the unit went black, all channels, showed no guide, nothing. Rebooted, then the guide was gone and "loading" and, it lost all favorites! Has new battery, so that's not the issue. Anyone else having "odd" h2h issues this evening?

It's been a few days since using H2H, and tonite, pre-time change by the way, the unit went black, all channels, showed no guide, nothing. Rebooted, then the guide was gone and "loading" and, it lost all favorites! Has new battery, so that's not the issue. Anyone else having "odd" h2h issues this evening?

Are you using a 410?

So after the reboot you got the channels back (able to watch)

Channel that it was last left tuned-to was fine before reboot, but could not change channels. Found it odd that the receiver did not respond to remote commands, and that the favorites which I've never lost were gone. Reboot only brought back the guide to "loading" then finally it trickled in (no guide during original black screen), and no loss of authorizations/no rehits needed. Odd.

Channel that it was last left tuned-to was fine before reboot, but could not change channels. Found it odd that the receiver did not respond to remote commands, and that the favorites which I've never lost were gone. Reboot only brought back the guide to "loading" then finally it trickled in (no guide during original black screen), and no loss of authorizations/no rehits needed. Odd.

Might have got a corrupted hit. I have seen my 922 do weird things too but not recently. What you described happens to my dish network system but rarely also.

I just re-upped my MTV-Mini-Pack on mine. Couldn't change off of VH1 Classic. Picture was breaking up bad. Went outside and bumped the dish a tad west (it's a stationary dish) Picture now perfect. Still couldn't change the channel. Unplugged and replugged in the unit and lost signal (dish icon red) and trip counter now says "0" from like 77 or so. Connected it to my 10ft bud...still nothing. I guess I just wasted $14, to watch about 7 minutes of VH1 Classic. My 920 is gone now to a new owner. I think I'm about done with these antique relics! :rant:

I just re-upped my MTV-Mini-Pack on mine. Couldn't change off of VH1 Classic. Picture was breaking up bad. Went outside and bumped the dish a tad west (it's a stationary dish) Picture now perfect. Still couldn't change the channel. Unplugged and replugged in the unit and lost signal (dish icon red) and trip counter now says "0" from like 77 or so. Connected it to my 10ft bud...still nothing. I guess I just wasted $14, to watch about 7 minutes of VH1 Classic. My 920 is gone now to a new owner. I think I'm about done with these antique relics! :rant:

That's one of the biggest problems with older units being powered off as they may not come back. But I still wonder if your rushing things and maybe you have another problem.

I guess I just wasted $14, to watch about 7 minutes of VH1 Classic.
if they were 7 minutes of good videos that wouldnt be bad

but if its the 2 really long commercials they show (the animal one for ASPCA or the like and the one for the starving kids) then you really got screwed ;)

That's one of the biggest problems with older units being powered off as they may not come back. But I still wonder if your rushing things and maybe you have another problem.
It's been powered up the whole time. The religious station on 200 and all the DMX channels have been working all along. Then I re-up my sub that was off a couple months and the thing went nuts! :eek: It's not dead, the UID is still good, and there's a little LED out on the LNBF that is on so it's putting out LNB pwer too....:confused:

It's been powered up the whole time. The religious station on 200 and all the DMX channels have been working all along. Then I re-up my sub that was off a couple months and the thing went nuts! :eek: It's not dead, the UID is still good, and there's a little LED out on the LNBF that is on so it's putting out LNB pwer too....:confused:

My 410 has been disconnected/unplugged for months. I get the 'contact provider" message, but I understand why.
Ck'd signal: Options-6-3-1-enter. Satellite AI, 99% strength, Provider ID -0. 10ft dish w/dmx-242 lnbf.
The 900s are working OK. The 200 channel is OK too.
My other 2 922s are working fine too. ?????

After leaving it unplugged for an hour & a half, still red sat icon...no signal. Everything else in the signal path is fine. I guess it's toast. I just wish it blew up before I added programming back to it. After not wanting to convert my 920 and instead selling it, and now the 410 is toast, goodbye subscription DCII... you had a good run. :popcorn

Did you go through the "master reset/provider reset" sequences? Takes a couple times if the unit hasn't been in the (data) stream. I kept (2) 410 units powered up and on but no signal for a few months before new owners were to get them, and they both needed multiple resets. Somewhere on this site was a quick sequence in the proper order, search "reset DSR 410", I think...or similar! Good luck!

Update: After several attempts with the "tune in sat signal" screen and frequencies from Lyngsat, I finally got signal and re-hit it up to 10 on the trip counter but no channels...says "US" for authorization status. Still stuck on 236....Now up to 15 hits and still no channels. I'm not paying twice. Maybe it'll work in the morning. At this point I've had enough.

Thanks Radio. It needed an "Authorization Reset" FOLLOWED by another re-hit. It then let me change the channel and when I went back to 236 it's all working correctly now! :D Not sure what type of gremlin got in it, but at least my sub is on & working now! :)

My pleasure to help, the thanks REALLY goes to whomever posted that! I always have to search for it when I need it. Enjoy!

Thanks Radio. It needed an "Authorization Reset" FOLLOWED by another re-hit. It then let me change the channel and when I went back to 236 it's all working correctly now! :D Not sure what type of gremlin got in it, but at least my sub is on & working now! :)
Glad you got your problem remedied. I was thinking that might have been it.
As I seem to remember there are two types of resets for the 410s: master & authorization. The first one you want to avoid.

Glad you got your problem remedied. I was thinking that might have been it.
As I seem to remember there are two types of resets for the 410s: master & authorization. The first one you want to avoid.
Yeah, you're right....I know a "Master Reset" by accident can brick my DSR4200V, so that button scares the crap outta me on ANY receiver! :eek:

eurosport.. I happen to know of a 920 that if you need one that I would be happey to sell back :) I want to replace the battery but I have it on the music channels right now but I don't know if I will set it up with H2H

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)