H2H Subscription Soon to be Cancelled.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
...they can just turn on small groups of channels at a time.....hmmmmm :rolleyes:

They can control each receiver individually from coast to coast from Californey to

Pennsytuckey and with todays technology cannot(?) offer ala carte or more

packages to suit individual needs??? :confused:

I admit that pay C band service has a handicap without the new technology but

where does all the dough go from all those pizza subs? More numbers will help C

band subs but big numbers sure is not benefiting the pizza shop goers!!! ;)

I've let my h2h sub go mainly cause I can't get the 410 and openbox to play nice with each other without getting a dual cband lnbf. I'm looking to get a cheap dish net package for the wife and kids and keep the openbox going just for me to surf the skies. I may get a subscription again just for me, but I'd have to find a way so I don't have to unhook the satellite cable from each box to watch one or the other.

We all know dishnet couldn't hold a candle to cband back in 2000. It wasn't until they begin to adopt HD (around 2005) that the playing field became smaller. Whoever jumped ship early deserved to get ripped off.:D

I've let my h2h sub go mainly cause I can't get the 410 and openbox to play nice with each other without getting a dual cband lnbf. I'm looking to get a cheap dish net package for the wife and kids and keep the openbox going just for me to surf the skies. I may get a subscription again just for me, but I'd have to find a way so I don't have to unhook the satellite cable from each box to watch one or the other.

I use a 4 way AB switch to switch between the PS2, DVD player & the VCR. I've also seen a remote AB switch at Tiger Direct.

Dishnet will bring thier own dish,cable,ect. u can leave the openbox or old setup alone/ connected all the time. C-band LNBs are reasonable also.
My charming endearing spouse plays with our dish sub ... and doesn't bother me

I guess it all comes down to what works for you. It would be nice if we could still subscribe to the master feeds on C-Band, and we could have a C-Band HD DVR. But that is not going to happen because of the programmers and the cable companies. I enjoy cable type programming myself, and I enjoy watching the series that HBO and Showtime have. So for someone like me, if you want that type programming you have to pay what the going price is, be it from cable or DirecTV or Dish Network. I have found that DirecTV fits my taste better than the others (of course I can't get cable or teleco TV), and I am willing to pay each month the fee that they charge, so I would'nt really consider it getting ripped off. I have recently gotten back into C-Band for the hobby aspect and the additional programming and feeds that you can get. So that is what I use C/ku for additional and sometime unsual programming that you cant get any where else. Plus I enjoy the hobby, it is fun to scan the skies. Sometimes though I just like to turn the TV on, and watch TV though and for me that is what DirecTV is for.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts