Risk Level for this Download: Customer Candidate

New features
None

Improved/Updated
Energy Star OSD
Pandora launch (HR only)
Under the hood

Notes
Happy Holidays! Thank you to everyone on the CE Team!
If you revert to National, it will be to the blue UI
You will need to enter IAMANEDGECUTTER keyword search if first time STB updated to HD UI
You may lose your guide cache
Please allow up to 24 hours to restore your full 14 day guide
Your STB may restart during idle time within the first 24-48 hours of CE download
Please do not report sluggish issues or missing search results within the first 12 hours after download.
Please send logs along with all reports, including MRV issues

New features
{CE:29:01} 0x058C/0X458C
Energy Star
YouTube and TV Apps launch icons
New key mappings
  • Trickplay will never work when the picture is in a window.
  • Playlist: {DASH} now brings up the Options menu (equivalent to {YELLOW})
  • Playlist: {PAUSE} now starts playing back the highlighted recording
  • Live TV/Recording Playback: {ENTER} brings up the mini-guide
  • Guide and Mini-Guide: {FFW} and {REW} now jump forward or back 12 hours (equivalent to {GREEN} and {RED})
  • Pressing {ENTER} on a highlighted program in your playlist will toggle it to KEEP and back, like {BLUE} button does now.
  • {DASH} now brings up the guide options while in the guide.
  • {DASH}-{DASH} no longer functions to delete an item from the playlist.

{CE:29:04} 0x0592/0x4592
Dvrs only: Pandora Radio

Improved/Updated
{CE:29:01} 0x058C/0X458C
My DIRECTV
Menu Icons
2 Second banner
Under the hood

{CE:29:02} 0x058D/0x458D
My DIRECTV
Menu icons
TV resolution Checkboxes

{CE:29:04} 0x0592/0x4592
Progress bar improved

I hope it is. I dont like having to reboot it every other day due to that guide issue (this is on the R22)

I have a question, probably a dumb one, but here goes. How can I get the HR24-500 HD GUI back? I had it, and somehow I got reverted back to the old Blue GUI don't know what happened. Any help would be appreciated.

I have a question, probably a dumb one, but here goes. How can I get the HR24-500 HD GUI back? I had it, and somehow I got reverted back to the old Blue GUI don't know what happened. Any help would be appreciated.

You just need to reload the CE tonight during the download window following the instructions in the FAQ.

Edit: I guess I was beaten to the punch. :D

Am on this tonight

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

mcintire123 said:
What problem were youns havin with the guide? Was it the last xmas CE that did it?

The scroll bar scrolls off the screen and you can't pick a channel. For me even punching in the number went to the wrong channel. It started with the 12/23 CE.

The scroll bar scrolls off the screen and you can't pick a channel. For me even punching in the number went to the wrong channel. It started with the 12/23 CE.

yep same here. I'd scroll down the guide and the guide would scroll but the highlight would be on the wrong channel.
So if I'm on CBS 12 and scroll down to A&E (265) and selected that channel it would stay on 12. If I went to TruTV 246 and hit down arrow, it would look like I was on 247 in the guide but the info at the top would be for my local 17 (which is the next channel if I hit down arrow from 12). Reboot fixed it

My biggest issue with the more recent HD CE's has been latencey in pulling local DVR content (15-20 second delay.) Remote content takes even longer. I didn't see this with the first builds and hope it is addressed tonight. Might be a case of bloat as new features are added, unchecked.

I have also had the channel bar issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)