H2x / HR2x CE Release 12/30 v.0596/v.4596

Downloaded updates to the following models (all updates were complete in about 20 minutes):

1. HR24-500 (Pandora and YouTube were there, were there previously)

2. HR24-500 (No Pandora and YouTube, were also missing prior to update)

3. HR20-700 (No Pandora or YouTube)

4. HR21-200 (No Pandora or YouTube) Very sluggish prior to update. Still appears to be. (a few seconds for remote button press to respond)

5. H23-600 (4596 Update)

All HR boxes had issue with channel guide prior to update (similar to those mentioned previously by other posters). This was the most significant issue that I have noticed since starting with the CE program in November.

The scroll bar scrolls off the screen and you can't pick a channel. For me even punching in the number went to the wrong channel. It started with the 12/23 CE.

I've never had that prob since day one with HD Gui

Sent from my XRONified Touchpad using Tapatalk

HR24 and H25 updated successfully. This is very good because last week the H25 would not update.

I downloaded and successfully installed v.0596 to my HR23-700 last night (first time ever doing a CE) and all is working well with it. I did have to adjust things a little to my liking, but that is nothing out of the ordinary (it was the same stuff I did after I originally got the receiver and decided to customise it to my liking). However, there is one thing that I can't seem to find in the CE release that the previous national release had... the ability to use the previous channel button while browsing the guide in order to change what channel you are watching. That was a feature that I really liked and I would like to see that enabled or just find out that I haven't done my homework and it does exist by using a different key.

Newbie trying this. Downloaded 0596 to H24-100 and H24-200, but no Pandora or YouTube on either. Did I do something wrong? Any suggestions?

enhenh said:
Newbie trying this. Downloaded 0596 to H24-100 and H24-200, but no Pandora or YouTube on either. Did I do something wrong? Any suggestions?

Those only show on DVR's like the HR24.

I did enter the IAMANEDGECUTTER search term and I mistyped, the receivers are HR24-100 and HR24-200. The logos are also missing...

Do you suggest re-doing the download tonight? Or just waiting to see if the extras show up eventually?

I meant re-entering the keyword. If you have the current CE firmware version; D/L it again isn't going to do anything other than to make it take longer.

I had pandora and youtube on the ce from two weeks ago (0592). I also had it after last weeks ce (0595), but lost both during the past week.

After downloading this weeks ce (0596), I still do not have pandora and youtube back.

All internet connectivity appears to be ok - network connection and network services show no problems. TVApps and vod work properly.

IAMANEDGECUTTER keyword search had previously been done and was reentered after this ce download.

Report sent: 20111231-1BA3

I had pandora and youtube on the ce from two weeks ago (0592). I also had it after last weeks ce (0595), but lost both during the past week.

After downloading this weeks ce (0596), I still do not have pandora and youtube back.

All internet connectivity appears to be ok - network connection and network services show no problems. TVApps and vod work properly.

IAMANEDGECUTTER keyword search had previously been done and was reentered after this ce download.

Report sent: 20111231-1BA3

You sent a report already ?

Pandora and Youtube are NOT guaranteed, just software that they are testing ...
Chances are if you wait the 24-48 hours as mentioned in the CE POST you'll probably get them.

My HD channel icons have not comeback since I updated it on Friday; did yours? Example when I got to CNN instead of showing the me the CNN HD logo in the upper left hand corner it just says CNNHD; any fix?