H3 remotes, 40 advantage?? Besides more buttons

JS_racer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2007
Twin Cities MN
Hey guys, I have a new setup, I still have my 21.1 remotes, so I can use those for ir. I purchased a 40 and a 50 remote, starting to warm up to the 52, and the voice works good on the 50.

I thought there was an advantage of having a 40 remote aside from the added buttons. I just don't remember what it is.
Thanks much for the time,
Joel

I much prefer the ergonomics of the 40.0 remote. There's direct access to pip, record and stop functions, VOD and probably more I don't recall.

I thought there was an advantage of having a 40 remote aside from the added buttons. I just don't remember what it is.
The added buttons are the primary advantage - no dual-function buttons or more button clicks to do the same function.
  • As Bobby mentioned with CC, on the new remote, it takes (3) button presses vs (1) press on the 40.0 remote.
  • Or, want to record a show you're currently watching ? On the 40.0, it's kinda tricky to figure out.... you have to press the RECORD button !! On the 52.0, let someone that's unfamiliar with Dish or this remote try it. They simply won't be able to. Steps ? Press SELECT, arrow-right once, then select RECORD.
  • I posted about a similar problem my wife asked about and that is how to record a show from the guide, that's already in progress, without tuning to the show first (which, if you tuned to it, you'd encounter the situation I just described). To record something from the guide, you have to press INFO, the "Record this".

Reactions: charlesrshell
And don't forget that very handy 'Stop' button on the 40.0. I use MV all the time and when I want to stop a recording in 1 of the quads with a 52.0 remote it's very tricky, with a 40.0 I push the Stop button. :)

Lol guys, kinda digging the 52 and 50 remotes.
Psst, I do have a pair of 21.1 in ir mode on both sides of the couch too, just in case.

My wife on her Joey has a 52 and a 21.1 to use as well. She asked where the heck the stop button went too, lol

Reactions: charlesrshell
Lol guys, kinda digging the 52 and 50 remotes.
Psst, I do have a pair of 21.1 in ir mode on both sides of the couch too, just in case.

My wife on her Joey has a 52 and a 21.1 to use as well. She asked where the heck the stop button went too, lol
It had to be interesting when these missing buttons were proposed and the justification when it was questioned. Then, when people (customers) questioned it during testing...

Isn't timer and configuration settings backup to the remote the biggest advantage of the 40.0 (and 50.0 & 52.0) remotes? The 21.1 remotes don't have that.

Isn't timer and configuration settings backup to the remote the biggest advantage of the 40.0 (and 50.0 & 52.0) remotes? The 21.1 remotes don't have that.

on my H3, i have a 52, 50, 40, and some 21.1 remotes
the 52,50,and 40 should backup timers and config the same ??

i have the 40 in a remote location now, so my 21.1 can have the extra buttons at the H3 location. need another H3 remote for another remote location.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)