H3 settings backup?

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
I've been living in Harmony La-La-Land for the last 6 years, with my 52.0 living it's days in a drawer. I am getting a replacement H3 in a few days, and I can't seem to find an option in settings/remote to force a settings backup. I still have a 40.0 paired to the 3. Should I be using it instead. Been a lot of years since this need has arisen. Thanks.

Well, I've tried that and nothing backs up to the remote). The gray bar just sits there and shows no backup progress. Yes, I have hard reset Hopper3. Tried 40.0 remote. same. Any thoughts

EDIT: Put in new batteries and it worked.

Last edited:
Well, got it in. Backstory, the first refurb replacement would not acquire signal this century. Sent a great sub-contract tech (who was called to Indy from Minn. over the weekend for about two weeks...something is going on here). The new refurb he brought worked just fine, less the things you can't or shouldn't do for a day or two.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Timers not restoring yet. I' using a 40.0 on which I am certain the timers were backed up. I read somewhere if you also have 52.0 linked, you should unlink it so only the 40.00 is linked. Anyone familiar with that premise? Or maybe I need to follow my own previous advice and just wait another day or two.

Last edited:
Timers not restoring yet. I' using a 40.0 on which I am certain the timers were backed up. I read somewhere if you also have 52.0 linked, you should unlink it so only the 40.00 is linked. Anyone familiar with that premise? Or maybe I need to follow my own previous advice and just wait another day or two.
Typically, they restore within an hour or are ready to, manually. I haven't followed this thread but have you tried to manually restore them?

Typically, they restore within an hour or are ready to, manually. I haven't followed this thread but have you tried to manually restore them?
Yes, and that fails. Setttings a no go as well. See JPEG in this pisr:

Gave up, tried a multitude of things to no avail. Rebuilt timer best I can for the time being. A lot are not on currently so I used seek, and we'll see if that works. First time this has ever happened. Had two backed up remotes. Makes me wonder if they disabled the function in the software. The Boss of the tech said he had never heard of timer back-ups, to which I strongly protested. But as of now, he appears to be right.

Gave up, tried a multitude of things to no avail. Rebuilt timer best I can for the time being. A lot are not on currently so I used seek, and we'll see if that works. First time this has ever happened. Had two backed up remotes. Makes me wonder if they disabled the function in the software. The Boss of the tech said he had never heard of timer back-ups, to which I strongly protested. But as of now, he appears to be right.
He's wrong. Many times on upgrades or replacing receivers, the settings update themselves before I leave, but I have still succeeded recently at manually restoring them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)