HA!!! The Yankees Lost!!!!! (YES N.)

wicked

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 5, 2005
Well tonight i was a Yankee's fan i just hate the Angels I Like the Sf giants :) !! but hey it pretty cool watching the yankees on everyday. if dish gets a deal with YES could it or would it it be A La Carte? it will be pretty awesome!!!!

Tom Bombadil said:
Thus begins the time of the year where there are fewer calls for E* to carry YES.
I love the Yankees, sorry they lost, but its time for George to move on not Joe.

I can finally start enjoying baseball knowing the Evil Empire is done for the season. I just wish that feeling would start earlier in the year not October. I love to see other teams actually win. Baseball is so skewed to 4 or 5 teams every year. Its boring and frustrating.

Brewer4 said:
I can finally start enjoying baseball knowing the Evil Empire is done for the season. I just wish that feeling would start earlier in the year not October. I love to see other teams actually win. Baseball is so skewed to 4 or 5 teams every year. Its boring and frustrating.

How are the Yanks an "Evil Empire"? Because he spends money? Love or Hate George, you have to admit, he's commited to winning. He could just as easily limit the Salaries to 100 mil and put the additional money in his pocket! Think about that 75-100 mil per season that he's spending and not banking. How mny people would do that!?

I live in phila, where thats just what ownership does. They swindled a new stadium out of the sucke.. i mean taxpayers, and they still wont invest in winning. It's ok w/ me i hate the phils. And i'm a giants fan so dont say that im pro yanks. I just dont think bashing them is fair either.

emdawgz1 said:
How are the Yanks an "Evil Empire"? Because he spends money? Love or Hate George, you have to admit, he's commited to winning. He could just as easily limit the Salaries to 100 mil and put the additional money in his pocket! Think about that 75-100 mil per season that he's spending and not banking. How mny people would do that!?

I live in phila, where thats just what ownership does. They swindled a new stadium out of the sucke.. i mean taxpayers, and they still wont invest in winning. It's ok w/ me i hate the phils. And i'm a giants fan so dont say that im pro yanks. I just dont think bashing them is fair either.

If more people understood how true that is, there would be so many less problems in sports. The reason people hate the Yankees is they are just jealous that their team (1)doesn't spend money on their team and (2) doesn't win because they don't spend money on the team. Perfect examples, Angels, White Sox and Astros all INCREASED spending on teams and look where they are. Don't hate the Yankees just because they have an owner that is willing to spend his money on the TEAM rather then just stuffing his pockets.

Some people hate the Yankees simply because the way baseball is structured only a handful of teams have a real shot at it. Jealousy is a factor in that they Yankees have clearly exploited the advantage of their market better than the other teams in a similar situation. But fans of KC, Milwaukee etc get a bit tired of being stick in patsy mode.

Take a look at who won in the AL this year. The four playoff teams are from the No. 1, No. 2 Number 3 and Number 5 markets. There is BTW no AL team in market no. 4.

yanks2402 said:
If more people understood how true that is, there would be so many less problems in sports. The reason people hate the Yankees is they are just jealous that their team (1)doesn't spend money on their team and (2) doesn't win because they don't spend money on the team. Perfect examples, Angels, White Sox and Astros all INCREASED spending on teams and look where they are. Don't hate the Yankees just because they have an owner that is willing to spend his money on the TEAM rather then just stuffing his pockets.

Are you kidding me??? The white sox spent 72.5Mil this year. Way less than the yankees.. and there the ALCS champs SOON TO BE!!!!!!!!!! While the yanks are sitting at home watching the game on FOX!

White sox are a bit of a fluke, no? Guess we'll know next year but they were written off in a lot of pre-season predictions...

Ya know, of all the jane fonda avatars in the world, why make one of what she currently looks like? Love jane fonda, there's gotta be a better pic of her than that one...She's had a hip replacement, how sad is that, so hot when she was young...

goaliebob99 said:
Are you kidding me??? The white sox spent 72.5Mil this year. Way less than the yankees.. and there the ALCS champs SOON TO BE!!!!!!!!!! While the yanks are sitting at home watching the game on FOX!

Obviously there are some teams that defy the money structure, ie the Padres (62.8m; but that is a whole other story). And then there are teams that spend a hell of a lot and get no where either, ie the Mets (104m) and Phillys (95.3m). However the many teams realize that to make money you have to spend money. You don't hear any of these teams complaining that they don't have the money to pay the salaries. And you know that the teams at the bottom can spend a hell of a lot more then they do, but their owners don't care because they don't think they have a chance to compete, so they just stuff their pockets with all of the profits.

goaliebob99 said:

ok, spending is no guarantee that you will win in the playoffs. Especially in a short series.

However, not spending is a good bet that you wont make the playoffs.

I congratulate the sox.

yanks2402 said:
Obviously there are some teams that defy the money structure, ie the Padres (62.8m; but that is a whole other story). And then there are teams that spend a hell of a lot and get no where either, ie the Mets (104m) and Phillys (95.3m). However the many teams realize that to make money you have to spend money. You don't hear any of these teams complaining that they don't have the money to pay the salaries. And you know that the teams at the bottom can spend a hell of a lot more then they do, but their owners don't care because they don't think they have a chance to compete, so they just stuff their pockets with all of the profits.

The problem is that they DON'T get those profits. The Yankees get massive dollars of of their cable network, while the Diamondbacks get very little.

They need to do it like football. Put all the money into one pot and divide by the number of teams. Institute a salary cap. THEN you will have parity. Until then 1/4 of the teams will regularly contend, while the rest become farm teams to raise the next batch of superstars for the big guys to plunder for their next playoff run.

yanks2402 said:
... However the many teams realize that to make money you have to spend money. ....
And to spend money, it doesn't hurt to be in the largest TV market in the country, and rake in the cash from the broadcast rights. That's where revenue sharing could help level the playing field for the rest of baseball.

yanks2402 said:

Wrong, dead wrong. Reason why they are hated is the are capable of spending 4-5 times more than most teams because of the sport. I love football because of salary caps. Small market teams can compete and stay competitve. Baseball is loaded against major markets and teams that happen to be in major cities that generate millions more than other markets.

Yankees havent been able to pull it off in years but Georgie spending 200 million at least guarantees he has a shot to win even before the season begins. I guess if I was wearing the shoe I too would try to hold on to my monopoly the best I could using whatever cash I could. Jealous, maybe, but I dont care who wins as long as its exciting. I love the underdog but more so in Baseball. There's nothing more exciting than watching the Yankees not able to buy the championship.

You go Sox/Angels. Have a great series. You DESERVE IT.

yanks2402 said:

The Padres were 82 -80. They got lucky in that the division turned out to be weak.

It is questionable that the small market teams could spenda s much as the big market ones without incurring a huge loss. Until a cap and/or revenue sharing come along there is no way that it will be alevel playing foeld.

I am not the only one out there.

Yankees still without a title in the 21st century
Story Tools: Print Email XML
Kevin Hench / FOXSports.com
Posted: 1 hour ago

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/4982038

Hallelujah!

Mission accomplished. Like most baseball fans who don't worship the dark side, as soon as my team — the Red Sox — is knocked off, I focus all my energy on Plan B: rooting like hell for someone to beat the Yankees.
And for the fifth straight year, the Yankees have lost their last game of the season. After ending four of the five previous seasons with a World Series victory, the Evil Empire has yet to win a championship in the 21st century. (Before you fire off an email, the 20th century officially ended on Dec. 31, 2000.)

This glorious someone-other-than-the-Yankees stretch began in 2001 when Mariano Rivera took the mound with a 2-1 lead in the bottom of the ninth of Game 7 against the Arizona Diamondbacks and couldn't get the job done. It continued last night in Anaheim when New York couldn't beat the Angels' rookie No. 5 starter after he was pressed into emergency duty.

The vanquishing of the Yankees and their $203M payroll makes me want to take a walk down memory lane and relive my 10 favorite moments — with an understandable emphasis on last year's ALCS Game 7 — from the five losses that have eliminated New York these last five years.

10. Game 6, 2003 World Series, sixth inning: Jeff Conine hits a routine grounder to short that Derek Jeter butchers brutally — and repeatedly — leading to an unearned insurance run for the Marlins on their way to the 2-0 title-clinching victory over a Yankees team that finished with 10 more regular season wins than Florida. One interesting note: Had Jeter not made the error that put his team down two runs, he almost certainly would have bunted after Alfonso Soriano led off the bottom of the eighth with a single. Instead, Jeter flew out to center and Nick Johnson bounced into an inning-ending double play.

9. Game 7, 2004 ALCS, first inning: Thanks to the sometimes-aggressive, sometimes-hesitant, uniformly incompetent third base coaching of Boston's Dale Sveum, the Yankees' Game 7 starter Kevin Brown looked like he might escape trouble in the first after Johnny Damon was thrown out at home with one out. But David Ortiz crushed a two-run home run to launch the Sox on their way to a 10-3 victory.

When neither Gary Sheffield nor Bubba Crosby came up with this ball, the Angels were on their way to a Game 5 win. (Kevork Djansezian / Associated Press)

8. Game 5, 2005 ALDS, second inning: Just when Bartolo Colon's sudden departure from Game 5 seemed to be ushering in a return to the Yankee Era of Good Fortune that included Mark Wohlers' hanging slider, Jeffrey Maier and Timo Perez's premature celebration, a calamitous collision befell the Evil Empire. With two outs and two on, Adam Kennedy lifted a fly ball to right center that either Bubba Crosby or Gary Sheffield could have caught but for the ill-timed arrival of the other. The resulting two-run triple would provide the margin of victory in the Angels' 5-3 win.

7. Game 7, 2001 World Series, ninth inning: After Mark Grace led off the bottom of the ninth with a single, catcher Damian Miller bunted the ball back to Rivera. What happened next made as much sense as a light rain falling in the desert, which is precisely what Rivera's wild throw to second has often been attributed to. The moist ball sailed, leaving pinch-runner David Dellucci safe at second and Miller on at first with nobody out. Rivera's error was New York's third of the night and set the stage for future Yankee flop Tony Womack's game-tying double. I know what you're thinking: Tony (freakin') Womack ripped a double off of Mariano Rivera in a World Series game? Maybe even more improbable than a light desert rain and a wild throw from the greatest closer of all time. This all led to moment No. 3.

6. Game 4, 2002 ALDS, fifth inning: There have been some rough half-innings for the Yankees these last five Octobers, but none worse than this bottom of the fifth in Anaheim, the frame that signaled the end of their 2002 season. The inning began inauspiciously for Yankee starter David Wells when Shawn Wooten took him deep to tie the score at 2-2. Benji Gil followed with a base hit. By the time the immortals Wooten and Gil had each collected their second hit of the inning, Wells was gone and New York was trailing, 9-2.

5. Game 6, 2003 World Series, ninth inning: Josh Beckett scoops up Jorge Posada's pathetic dribbler down the first base line and tags out the lumbering catcher for the final out of Beckett's epic complete-game shutout victory. Posada learned a lesson from that weak effort. On Sunday, in Game 4 against the Angels, after dribbling a ball back to the pitcher, he successfully fooled the umpiring crew into believing the ball had struck his foot in the batter's box with some mediocre acting. The karma wasn't instant, but it got him nonetheless in Game 5.

4. Game 5, 2005 ALDS, ninth inning: Alex Rodriguez grounds into a double play, killing a potential rally and capping his .133, zero-RBI series with an 0-for-4, sandwiched between three-hit games by Jeter and Jason Giambi. Rodriguez, whose stellar defense was often cited by experts as the reason he was the '05 AL MVP, also made a critical error in Game 2 that got the Angels off the mat.

3. Game 7, 2001 World Series, ninth inning: After a Rivera cutter clipped Craig Counsell to load the bases with one out, Yankee manager Joe Torre brought the infield in despite the fact that nobody in the league consistently saws off as many hitters as Rivera. Sure enough, Luis Gonzalez blooped a jam job over the drawn-in Jeter and the Diamondbacks were world champs, ending the Yankees' three-year reign.

2. Game 7, 2004 ALCS, second inning: The Sox led 2-0 and had the bases loaded with one out in the second inning when Torre summoned Javier Vazquez to replace the wretched Kevin Brown. Eighty-six years of futility can create a lot of paranoia and there was this fear as Brown departed that the Sox hadn't done enough damage with him on the mound and that Vazquez might perform a redux of Mike Mussina's heroic holding of the line in Game 7 of the 2003 ALCS. The fear lasted one pitch, a cookie that Johnny Damon crushed for a grand slam and a 6-0 lead.

1. Game 7, 2004 ALCS, ninth inning With the Sox leading 10-3 and two outs in the bottom of the ninth, Alan Embree was summoned to face Ruben Sierra. Sierra grounded softly to Pokey Reese at second who flipped to Doug Mientkiewicz at first to complete the Greatest Comeback in Sports History. In what will become a trend, Alex Rodriguez goes 0-for-4 in his first elimination game as a member of the Yankees. (After a win in Game 4 and a loss in Game 5 to the Angels this year, A-Rod is now 0-for-10 with the Yankees facing elimination.)

wicked said:
Well tonight i was a Yankee's fan i just hate the Angels I Like the Sf giants :) !! but hey it pretty cool watching the yankees on everyday. if dish gets a deal with YES could it or would it it be A La Carte? it will be pretty awesome!!!!

what in the world could you possibly have against the angels????? in 2002 they won the world series for the first time with the 2nd or 3rd lowest salary.
maybe you don't like spanish speaking americans.... i have to admit, as a 10 year angel season ticket holder, if you are making millions of dollars off a public of mainly english speaking fans, you should at least try to speak the language but when the angels won in 2002 they were mostly a bunch of underrated white guys with incredible hustle. then disney sold them to a hispanic american and the team started to shift but still how can you have any problems with a team that has little or no hot dogs and struggles to win every game and are mostly humble. in 2002 they were all humble but now i admit you can probably find your hot dog or two on the team.

i was born in NJ and was, of course, a yankee fan during my young years. who couldn't love mickey and roger? i even cheered the mets when they won. i moved to anaheim in the early 80s and being a baseball player and fan my whole life i figured i should root for the home team. so i have gone to the angel games the last 10 years and am amazed at the amount of drunk yankee fans. i have been selling my yankee tickets the last few years because the bandawgon, wannabe, drunk, never even been to NY, idiotic yankee fans had permeated my section. no offense i was one of those fans myself but i was a yankee fan when i was within a 45 minute train ride from yankee stadium. now i live in so cal. what is up with you so cal yankee fans????? cant you root for your home team? so you came from NY you arent there anymore get over it. do you have no loyalty to your local team? what does that say about you?

anyway i digress.... no one else has said anything bad about the angels except this pablum spewing SF fan. this SF fan that cheered juice boy barry when he came back in september. baltimore had it right when they booed palmeiro out of the stadium but SF fans dont even know what the game is about. they just want to see any juice boy hit a home run in between bites of sushi.

hey i hear giambi is a free agent next year so you giant fans can have another juice boy to cheer on but i bet you dollars to donuts barry is out of there next year to go to an AL team. i cant stop him from coming to anaheim but i can sure booo the juice boy when he gets here just as we booed the other juice boys. just like baltimore booed the juice boys.

was this off topic?

sorry

Dude you took it way off topic :confused: :rolleyes: and as for barry man i admit dat man was on substances BUT and there is a BIG BUT werent those substances LEGAL AT THE TIME HE TOOK THEM? common man why hasnt MLB caught barry on a controlled substance? HE IS LIKE THE BIGGEST TARGET IN MLB? :rolleyes: and about the angels i hate them cause of the 2002 world series, who were they playing against :shocked theres a reason. i hate the rally monkey :smug and i hate MLB for there crooked rule of the winner of the all star game (an exhibition game dat doesnt count for nothin) home field advantage in the world series where it really counts!! common :eek: it might seem like crying so what i like my SF GIANTS thats my team i been a SF GIANT fan Ever since i knew baseball existed. and as for me hatin Spanish Speakers common y would i hate? im mexican by the way :rolleyes: i think all off you guys took it way off topic and didnt even see what i really asked for in da original post :no

I have more have a problem with Yankee's fans. How can you love a team that wins year after year like clockwork?
It's so predictable and in being so dull until lately.

wicked said:
im mexican by the way :rolleyes: i think all off you guys took it way off topic and didnt even see what i really asked for in da original post :no

dude
learn to speak english before you tell us we are all wrong.

if you think juicing up is ok then let it happen in mexico. if you are right then all american fans will switch to mexican baseball.

sorry i dont see it happening!!!

i would respect the giants if they dumped barry but i cant respect any team that makes a juice boy their hero.

sorry dude. i guess its just a difference of opinion.

did you ever play the game dude? if so dont you want it to stay pure?

whatever pure is?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)