Status
Please reply by conversation.

Shawn95GT

Tivo fanatic
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
I've had this nice Channelmaster feedhorn for the Primestar dish laying around and I never put it to use since I don't have a C120 flange LNB.

What I did have is a WR-75 flanged 0.8 Ku LNB that came on the dish when I got it as well as a waveguide that separated the H & V signals.

Today the Norsat 8115 C-band LNB came in so I swapped it and the new 4106a LNB onto the CalAmp C/Ku feedhorn which will be going on my 5' mesh. What I ended up with is an extra 0.7 rated WR-75 flanged Ku LNB (CalAmp) that came with the C/Ku feedhorn.

:D

Now I have a Horz and a Vert LNB.

Add one 3x4 multi-switch left over from my Voom install and now I've got a ghetto quad linear LNB that'll work with the CM feedhorn! :clap

Last edited:
I think you will find that those .6db LNBs will rival most of the .3/.4db LNBFs out there due to the better rejection from the feedhorn, and overall better quality of the lnb..

Guess I don't understand what this is for. Is it C-band only or is Ku in there somewhere?

Pepper said:
Guess I don't understand what this is for. Is it C-band only or is Ku in there somewhere?
It's all Ku :cool:

That's seperate H and V LNBs that mate to a C120 flanged Channel Master feedhorn via a waveguide. The CM feedhorn is optimized for the oval dish. A C120 flanged Invacom may work better when paired with this feedhorn but I had all this stuff laying around so I'm going to put it to good use :).

Because of the feedhorn alone I expect it to out-perform my 40mm necked Univeral LNB on the same dish.

The LNBf on the wing is a normal DSS one.

It's on this dish:

Shawn

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)