Had an idea tonight...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Shawn95GT

Tivo fanatic
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
I've had this nice Channelmaster feedhorn for the Primestar dish laying around and I never put it to use since I don't have a C120 flange LNB.

What I did have is a WR-75 flanged 0.8 Ku LNB that came on the dish when I got it as well as a waveguide that separated the H & V signals.

Today the Norsat 8115 C-band LNB came in so I swapped it and the new 4106a LNB onto the CalAmp C/Ku feedhorn which will be going on my 5' mesh. What I ended up with is an extra 0.7 rated WR-75 flanged Ku LNB (CalAmp) that came with the C/Ku feedhorn.

:D

Now I have a Horz and a Vert LNB.

Add one 3x4 multi-switch left over from my Voom install and now I've got a ghetto quad linear LNB that'll work with the CM feedhorn! :clap

Last edited:
I think you will find that those .6db LNBs will rival most of the .3/.4db LNBFs out there due to the better rejection from the feedhorn, and overall better quality of the lnb..

Guess I don't understand what this is for. Is it C-band only or is Ku in there somewhere?

Pepper said:
Guess I don't understand what this is for. Is it C-band only or is Ku in there somewhere?
It's all Ku :cool:

That's seperate H and V LNBs that mate to a C120 flanged Channel Master feedhorn via a waveguide. The CM feedhorn is optimized for the oval dish. A C120 flanged Invacom may work better when paired with this feedhorn but I had all this stuff laying around so I'm going to put it to good use :).

Because of the feedhorn alone I expect it to out-perform my 40mm necked Univeral LNB on the same dish.

The LNBf on the wing is a normal DSS one.

It's on this dish:

Shawn

Status
Please reply by conversation.