Had it with DTV - reporting to State AG

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
It's not overreacting to file a valid complaint because a person didn't get what was advertised and got poor resolution. That is WHY SOME PEOPLE HAVE JOBS AT THE AG. Sorry to yell, just got a little emotional for a second.

A lot of times, filing a complaint, or an appeal, whatever you want to call it, gets you to the right person.

I don't blame you for yelling a little bit there sonydude1966. The comment by RebelWithACause was out of line. I'm referring to the idiot comment.

The fact that most ppl wouldn't hold on to a freakin rebate they got in a mailer months ago is a real shocker??? Maybe the OP has a life and spends it doing other stuff rather than lookin for mailers to take pics of and then learn html codes for img attachments.....

It would be ignorant to make up a fake story and post a thread about a fake mailer and ask questions about the said fake item.

Speaking of ignorant, shouldn't you read the entire post? Then you would see that the OP says he HAS the mailer (which BTW, ISN'T a rebate form, those are done online, and the CSR tells you to do it as soon as you get off the phone so it is applied to your first bill.). He claims it is directly from DirecTV and has their number, yet it is an offer that NO ONE ELSE IN THE COUNTRY has received. THAT is why we want to see it. And since when do you need to know HTML to post attachments? Any image host provides a BBcode tagged link that you just copy and paste. OR, he could just hit the 'Attachment' button.

I got to say, I inquired into both Dish and DirecTV when I bought my house. DirecTV still sends me mailers, once in a while. I've read a few, and I can't say for sure, but I think that one or two have given me special deals off the original price; however, they are good for not as long as the OP claims their deal to be. So I'm not sure. I believe that it's all in the game of getting the loyal subs to switch, because they know that they would be there for some time.

I know how to post images (with html if need be). My point is, I wouldn't expect him to have a rebate for that long and yet everyone here claims he's lying because he doesnt drop whatever it is he's doing to prove it. OP: Whether or not you read the mailer wrong or you did get a raw deal, looks like you will not fair shake here. Probably best thing to do is to terminate your agreement and look elsewhere. If you feel like you got the shaft at the start of the service then chances are you will continue to feel that way for at least the next 2 years.

I know how to post images (with html if need be). My point is, I wouldn't expect him to have a rebate for that long and yet everyone here claims he's lying because he doesnt drop whatever it is he's doing to prove it. OP: Whether or not you read the mailer wrong or you did get a raw deal, looks like you will not fair shake here. Probably best thing to do is to terminate your agreement and look elsewhere. If you feel like you got the shaft at the start of the service then chances are you will continue to feel that way for at least the next 2 years.

Umm, HELLO? Can you read? The OP HAD the flyer in front of him when he posted. He was asked to post a picture of it in an attempt to help him from the getgo to make sure he wasn't reading it wrong or it wasn't from a 3rd party retailer (which almost 100% of the non-standard rebates are from). The fact that he can't be bothered to (after he SAID he would post a picture of it), while going directly to the AG with a (frivolous) complaint before even talking to escalations is suspicious.

And yeah, that's REAL good advice telling him to terminate the agreement. Much better to pay $500 in ETF than $60 in a failed rebate whose existence is questionable to begin with.

I don't blame you for yelling a little bit there sonydude1966. The comment by RebelWithACause was out of line. I'm referring to the idiot comment.

No, my comment was not out of line. What I said is exactly what the AG office staff will think with someone contacts them about something so silly and stupid.

I think we are losing site of what is really important here....thats odd...I can not remember now.

I have noticed one thing since I signed up here, most of the OP's abandon their thread before a resolution is discussed.

dancingRacoon.gif
pencil.png

No, my comment was not out of line. What I said is exactly what the AG office staff will think with someone contacts them about something so silly and stupid.

This is a family friendly forum. There is no need for name calling. The moderators here give lots of latitude, but they have memories. Just a gentle hint.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts