Had it with DTV - reporting to State AG

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ukrbmw

Original poster
Oct 31, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Well, after getting some advise on installation on this board I decided to switch to DTV. They recently sent me an add offering Choice Xtra for 29.99 for 12 months which is $34 dollars off and $14 dollars off the second year. I called with my mail in hand and girl on the other end told me the offer expired - I checked mail says expiration 2/2011, so no it is not expired. After 10 minutes going back and forth she finally says no problem - everything is applied correctly. Well, I get my confirmation email and it is showing the standard discount advertised on their website. I call back to sort this out and the girl tells me everything is ordered correctly and I'll get a new confirm email shortly. In the mean time she changed my email address in the system so nothing comes out.
Now it's 2 days later and I call back again. Person on the other end confirms that my order is still showing standard discount, not the one I got in the mail. Now I'm really upset, 2 people at DTV flat out lied to me to keep my install appointment in place.
Well, I called our NC AG office and they said this is clear as day false advertisement since it was mailed directly to me with the offer, so they sent me all the forms to report it which is what I'll be doing next Monday.

Frankly, I'm really disappointed about this. I cancelled my Dish to switch, got a 20 minute sales pitch from DTV rep about all the dicieving practices Dish uses only to get this horrible run around by DTV. Plus, why mail me an advertising if you have no inclination of allowing me to use it???

Maybe I'm missing something here or going the wrong way about it. I know some people on this board work for DTV, any advise for me cause I'm starting to lose all faith in DTV.

Well, after getting some advise on installation on this board I decided to switch to DTV. They recently sent me an add offering Choice Xtra for 29.99 for 12 months which is $34 dollars off and $14 dollars off the second year. I called with my mail in hand and girl on the other end told me the offer expired - I checked mail says expiration 2/2011, so no it is not expired. After 10 minutes going back and forth she finally says no problem - everything is applied correctly. Well, I get my confirmation email and it is showing the standard discount advertised on their website. I call back to sort this out and the girl tells me everything is ordered correctly and I'll get a new confirm email shortly. In the mean time she changed my email address in the system so nothing comes out.
Now it's 2 days later and I call back again. Person on the other end confirms that my order is still showing standard discount, not the one I got in the mail. Now I'm really upset, 2 people at DTV flat out lied to me to keep my install appointment in place.
Well, I called our NC AG office and they said this is clear as day false advertisement since it was mailed directly to me with the offer, so they sent me all the forms to report it which is what I'll be doing next Monday.

Frankly, I'm really disappointed about this. I cancelled my Dish to switch, got a 20 minute sales pitch from DTV rep about all the dicieving practices Dish uses only to get this horrible run around by DTV. Plus, why mail me an advertising if you have no inclination of allowing me to use it???

Maybe I'm missing something here or going the wrong way about it. I know some people on this board work for DTV, any advise for me cause I'm starting to lose all faith in DTV.

Definatly jumping the gun a bit , don't you think ?
Why not talk to the governor too and then the President of the United States !

I would start with the correct people at Directv, your not going to get anywhere with the CSR 's that answer the phone, you need to get to a level that can actually do something about it.

AS a tactic to get something done max force rarely works. You called the Attorney General and a clerk sent you a form. Directv stock will take a tumble on that one!

Threatening max force can go further. Try calling Directv and having someone there help you fill out the form.

Sounds like you were slightly screwed on this but in an inadvertent way. Do what techs have been doing for years when some CSR presents disappointing news. Call back. Start over with someone else. be firm but nice.

Report how it goes.

Joe

Remember, you are on a dtv forum, so all the answers you will get is that is that is your fault.! It's not your fault! I don't know how dtv stays in business. fill out the papers and send them in, call bbb,

Jimbo - I posted here looking for advise. I've called 3 times at this point, asked for a Super and spoke to 1 twice. Once person told me she is in CS and can't help me. Second person said they'll get me to the right place and hung up on me.

Joe - I'm not looking to hurt DTV stock. I'm one of however many millions of customers, just sad to be treated this way. If you read my post I've hung up and called back several times at this point and 0 progress. Do you think this is how it should be done?

Big - I've read some of your posts and know you got it in for DTV. I did post in DTV forum to get an actual advise from somebody who might work there.

Maybe I made a mistake posting here, but I hope not. I know some folks here are very helpful and maybe they will come across this thread.

I agree with this: "Sounds like you were slightly screwed on this but in an inadvertent way. Do what techs have been doing for years when some CSR presents disappointing news. Call back. Start over with someone else. be firm but nice."

Can you post an image of the mailing so we can read it?

Is it possible that the mailing you received was from a 3rd party DirecTV dealer?

I'd bet on it. I got one too a couple months ago, and it was from a local retailer. They give you the extra $5 off a month to offset the $50-$100 retailer processing fee. DirecTV told me I could only get it if I ordered through the place that sent me the flyer. If I ordered through them I saved the processing fee but could only get the standard discount.

Most likely was a third party D* dealer. Be patience, call them back and ask to talk to a supervisor, if no progress asked for the head Honcho. I'm shure someone will be able to help you.

Thanks guys.

Just looked at the mailing and it's signed by Michael Wallace - DTV. I called the 877 number on it and took me straight to them.

I think this was something special. I called about 2 weeks ago and went through everything with the Rep, but then decided to wait a little. Letter I have states "Based on your recent interest in our service we wanted to offer you a special deal and you can lock in this great rate for 24 months". I'll take a picture of it and post it. I called them again and girl told me my account issue has been escalated and somebody will call me back, most likely tomorrow. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Sad fact is I'd like to actually have DTV, I know their picture is great, plus I'm getting everything they offer and an international package, so they'll make their money back - no doubt. Just hate all this back and forth, etc...

The installation company makes bonus on how many jobs they complete.They will tell you anything for that job to go in.We as installers are graded on completion rate.So I don't doubt for a second that some told you something less than truthful

This is a job for Stonecold! He is on this site and has some influence with Directv. PM the stoneman!

Joe

1. what does the rebates page show . Dont go by order confirmation go via directv.com/rebates and see what it says your rebates are. I can also check for you if you give me information to pull up your order ( just pm me with the info)

Thanks for some insight Stonecold. I waited for a week and no callback. Went ahead with the complaint. Got a call from AG office yesterday confirming they sent it over to DTV. We'll see if anything happens.

Thanks for some insight Stonecold. I waited for a week and no callback. Went ahead with the complaint. Got a call from AG office yesterday confirming they sent it over to DTV. We'll see if anything happens.

The AG office staff won't tell you this, but they think you're an idiot. Not a big deal. I'm sure they are used to people overreacting.

It's not overreacting to file a valid complaint because a person didn't get what was advertised and got poor resolution. That is WHY SOME PEOPLE HAVE JOBS AT THE AG. Sorry to yell, just got a little emotional for a second.

A lot of times, filing a complaint, or an appeal, whatever you want to call it, gets you to the right person.

the fact that you won't post a picture of the advertisement or post more information inclines me to believe you aren't sharing the full truth

The fact that most ppl wouldn't hold on to a freakin rebate they got in a mailer months ago is a real shocker??? Maybe the OP has a life and spends it doing other stuff rather than lookin for mailers to take pics of and then learn html codes for img attachments.....

It would be ignorant to make up a fake story and post a thread about a fake mailer and ask questions about the said fake item.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)