Had some fun in Radio Shack yesterday

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Corrado

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2007
Hudson Valley Region, NY
While in the local mall yesterday, we needed some components for my son's school project. While he was looking for what he needed, I was looking at the HD receivers and TVs on display.

While I was comparing the pic quality an the various TVs, some kid comes over to sell me on the "breath taking" HD. While he's bragging away the picture is getting all pixelated and distorted. I said that really doesn't look like the HD. I thought it was just standard def. and certainly not something I would pay extra for. I just had to say it.

I didn't want to get into a C band debate with someone that probably had no idea or what free OTA can look like.

:) I often have a chuckle when my friends brag about their awesome HD they get through cable or pizza pan dish, then they come to my house and see my FTA SD looks almost as good as their HD. Can't wait till I get a HD box and a new TV .......

my uncle was the same way....he thought the NHL games on Versus were awesome on his HDTV and cable

Then he saw the "real" HD feed and he was floored :D

my uncle was the same way....he thought the NHL games on Versus were awesome on his HDTV and cable

The versus feeds are some of the best quality I've seen. They must really pump out the mbs. I also love the CBS stuff

I've been watching HD since 1987 since C band SD is as good or better than they feed to Cable & LSD people. :) Nothing like broadcast masters.

Same here, a friend of mine has pizza dish with HD package. He was comparing his standard def channels to his HD stuff and showing me the "stunning picture quality". When in fact his SD was horrible and his HD was just barely acceptable.

He came to my house and saw some SD feeds on c-band and was amazed. He was really amazed when I told him that was NOT HD. LOL

I showed him some real HD stuff and he feels he is getting ripped off now.

See, this is why I am getting a Pansat 9200 w/ DVBS2 on delivered on Thursday from Rick's Satellite, can't wait to see that big brown truck!!!!!!!!

Can't wait til the 10 footer starts pulling in some FTA HD too!

HD is awesome.....I've flipped between a SD and a HD feed (same game in some cases) and while the SD feed is good, the HD feed is...well..DAMN!!

Tomorrow will be the longest day for me, UPS is delivering my Pansat tomorrow and I gotta work all day until around 11pm, hope I can get home and get it going while a few things might still be up there...!

Just an update, I got the Pansat and tuned into the master feed of the NBA Lakers/Celtics game, and wow! damn! no misquito noise or nothing...wow!

Now if I can just learn the Pansat like I learned the Coolsat I will be ok!

Now I am just ready for the DVBS2 feeds, my 10' dish gets them really good btw!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)