Hallmark Channel Coming to Family Pack Only Feb 1st

I have never bean as anal as many of you guys about the Everything Pack not really having everything, it is just a marking name for having AT180 and all 4 premium movie packs, that's it, it may be a bad marketing name, but that is all it is no need getting all anal over a name.
Having said that, I too think Hallmark Movie channel should be included in AT180, perhaps it will later be added, E* evidently currently only has a contract to place HMC in DishFamily.

I don't think it is the name as much as the high price---and all the exclsuions that upsets them.

The really strange thing about all of this, is that 187 is not even showing up on my retailer receiver. HMC is a good channel, but it should be included in some AT package.

Geronimo said:
I don't think it is the name as much as the high price---and all the exclsuions that upsets them.

That may be, however if the Everything Pack truly had everything it would be much more expensive then it is now. I have never had the Everything Pack (too pricey for me :) ), however when you consider it is only a $35/mo premium over the price of AT180 to get all 4 premium movie packs it is not such a bad deal, especially considering if you have 1 or more DVR's in your account, their is no fee like in lesser tiers. D* charges $41 for the same 4 premium packs. Comcast here only charges $32.54 for Digital Platinum (all premium's) over Digital Plus, however Digital plus w/Preferred Basic is already $63.45 and if you want a DVR, they are an extra $9.95 each.

Last edited:
This makes me very unhappy. I'm paying 144.00 per month and can't get this channel. Any chance of buying this one channel alacart, I would pay a little extra, but not 19.99.

I would imagine it being added to 180. If not that i would be kinda sad too. MRUSS, lets hope it is added. :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
The same goes for the new kids music channel.

I posted this in the other thread, but I realized the kids channel is a MIRROR of channel 976
same transponder
same PIDS
same stuff

so anyone with AT120 or greater gets Kids tunes already :)

I understand everyone beefing and I think it's logical. After all, if 180 has the Hallmark Channel why not HMC? However I've said this before and I know I'm going to get crap for it but I think we all should be giving crap to these movie channels airing commercials, they're MOVIE channels. I don't know about you but I mind when they call themselves movie channels, air commercials and cut footage for the time allowed as well as not all being presented in OAR but that's a separate concern not everyone may agree with me on. Regardless I really think no one should be cutting these channels slack for airing movies and butchering them to fit commercials in. Also in terms of commercials I don't mind hearing sponsorship before the film like IFC does for some and that show they have at the beginning and the end but past that it's going too far IMO and I'm perfectly willing to pay extra to make up the difference.

Iceberg said:
renamed thread to note the "family pack only"

Thanks for changing the post name, but I admit I boobooed--in asking that it read Hallmark Channel, when it really is Hallmark Movie Channel going only to Family Pack, but I imagine people will get the jist--but it is very irritating of Dish to do this to subscribers! You mentioned FTA--I have a Pansat 2500, but need to connect it up--but won't bother unless it comes via C band, not KU--please let me know if KU--we have an old KU dish in the garage--guess its worth getting out and setting up!

Has anyone been desperate enough to add the family package to another package in order to receive the Hallmark movie channel? If so did you ask if you could get some sort of credit for paying for the other channels twice?

Just a thought I was having.

dont think that is possible...if you have a dish at 61.5 you could add Sky Angel for only 14.99 and get the channel too :)

Iceberg said:
dont think that is possible...if you have a dish at 61.5 you could add Sky Angel for only 14.99 and get the channel too :)

I called and Dish CSR said i could add the family package for 19.99 without a problem to my AEP. I said no thanks. After I hung up is when the question popped into my head.

Sky Angel might be an option as it would at least give you more than one channel and is cheaper.

Thanks

voyagerbob said:
I called and Dish CSR said i could add the family package for 19.99 without a problem to my AEP. I said no thanks. After I hung up is when the question popped into my head.

Sky Angel might be an option as it would at least give you more than one channel and is cheaper.

Thanks

Thats dumb, you get ALL the channels with the EVERYTHING PACK, except for Hallmark Movie Channel.

Thats $19.99 a month more for ONE channel.

voyagerbob said:

Thanks

Sky Angel is $14.99 a month for 20 TV channels and 16 Radio channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)