Hallmark Picture Issue?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

reubenray

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 30, 2018
Bella Vista, Arkansas
For the past week just about every Christmas movie recorded for my wife has had picture issue. I would not call it pixilating, but it seems to skip or stutter a second or two.

Anyone else having this issue?

Is it also happening on recorded programs from other channels.
Dvr nonpixelated stuttering I first suspect as early symptoms of harddrive failing.
It does not always show up it diagnostics.

My annecdotal history...
Progressive symptoms...
Dvr programs occasional stutter.
As dvr stutter slowly increases in frequency,
Live viewing begins to occasionally stutter.
Slowly the stutter becomes regular on both live and dvr.
Replacing the Hopper resolves the issue.

With the Hopper/Joey system,
All viewing is from/through the hard drive.
Even live tv, which first goes to the drive then to the viewed stream.
This is how you get rewind of live tv.

I believe the problem is not diagnosable 'bad sectors',
But more likely a deteriorating mechanical failure of the hard drives moving swing/read arm.

Sent from my SM-G986U using the SatelliteGuys app!

For the past week just about every Christmas movie recorded for my wife has had picture issue. I would not call it pixilating, but it seems to skip or stutter a second or two.

This sounds like the same issue being discussed about Comet HD here:

It's more like the picture shakes for a split second. Like you hit the side of the TV and made the picture jiggle. I have not noticed it this morning but then I haven't watched a whole movie today either.

Reactions: reubenray
Is it also happening on recorded programs from other channels.
Dvr nonpixelated stuttering I first suspect as early symptoms of harddrive failing.
It does not always show up it diagnostics.

My annecdotal history...
Progressive symptoms...
Dvr programs occasional stutter.
As dvr stutter slowly increases in frequency,
Live viewing begins to occasionally stutter.
Slowly the stutter becomes regular on both live and dvr.
Replacing the Hopper resolves the issue.

With the Hopper/Joey system,
All viewing is from/through the hard drive.
Even live tv, which first goes to the drive then to the viewed stream.
This is how you get rewind of live tv.

I believe the problem is not diagnosable 'bad sectors',
But more likely a deteriorating mechanical failure of the hard drives moving swing/read arm.

Sent from my SM-G986U using the SatelliteGuys app!

We record everything to watch later, so I don't know if it does it on LiveTV.

I noticed the occasional sideways picture jitter on the recorded Hallmark movie “Meet Me at Christmas”. The Hallmark recorded movies “Christmas in Vienna”, “The Christmas Bow”, “Christmas with the Darlings”, “The Christmas Ring”, “On the 12th Date of Christmas” and “Never Kiss a Man in Christmas Sweater” all played with no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Yeah, it's still doing it. It reminds me of the old frame rate issue from a few years ago where the frame rate was trying to catch up every now and then and the picture would jump when it did.

1605497602406.png

;)

• Wow
Reactions: Howard Simmons

Yes, wife says she has noticed it for 2-3 days now on the wireless Joey in the MBR while watching her movies.

Sound like what I been seeing on comet tv for amost year, some days it fine some time i not some times i movie/show is like but comericals are fine and some time it the reverse

not sure if this is true or you being sarcastic but it would explain why comettv some times i really bad, it would also have to really sh!tty stream connection to boot, cause even my sh!tty connection is capable of stream multiple streaming video better then how cometv some times looks

It's true. The reverse is also true: Dish retransmits satellite streams of certain channels via internet. ;)
intresting might explain why there picture quailty has gone to sh*t too, Next to talk dish loyaty I will be sure to tell them to check on weather the channel in question is stream retransmission's or what I have clear los no trees no nothing in way to sats so i should no none these issues consider tech that came 2 time I had them come out since this all started claim the singal cant get anybetter

Lifetime is another channel that is having issues. My wife is recording every Christmas movie and most of them stutter or jerk. It seems like the editing may be doing this.

A lot of these channels you watch now are being delivered to the provider by IP as many no longer broadcast on C Band.

It’s not just Dish receiving them this way.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)