Halo 5 Announced for 2015

Digital Foundry did a good video about how Halo 5 maintains 60 FPS constantly, via resolution modification, texture swapping, and dynamic shadow modifications among other methods. Some of the stuff they do to keep the 60 FPS can look pretty damn jarring and immersion breaking, but DF declares that the game still looks great.

I was able to play at about 10 pm here. The game looks great, plays great, but man it's short and the story sucks. Very disappointed I spent $60 on this

Oh the irony..
2WGrtJo.jpg

That's a lot of money and they will obviously continue to take in more in the coming weeks.

It's not a shockingly high amount though. A little over 8,300 copies of the game sold brings in the same amount of money.

$500,000 in a week is nothing to sneeze at but there are mobile games that make well over that every day from micro transactions. I would hope it's not a big enough number for publishers to look at it and decide they should change their business model.

I guess people didn't want to deal with grinding to get all the cool looking equipment. BTW, Angry Joe did a breakdown of how much it costs to buy everything versus how much time you'd have to play to do it manually. Quite a staggering statistic.

I guess people didn't want to deal with grinding to get all the cool looking equipment. BTW, Angry Joe did a breakdown of how much it costs to buy everything versus how much time you'd have to play to do it manually. Quite a staggering statistic.

I haven't paid much attention to any of this yet because I haven't even considering buying Halo 5 yet. I do want to play the campaign but it's definitely not at the top of my priorities list right now.

As for multiplayer, I wouldn't mind playing that part but if I am going to play Halo mulitiplayer I think I would still rather play The Master Chief Collection.

I would rather see a Halo vehicle DLC pack for the real Rocket League. I know the Warthog is supposed to be in the Xbox One version, like Sweet Tooth's van in the PS4 version. I'd buy a pack with with Ghost and Warthog for the PC version.

Well this is embarrassing (and shows how incompetent 343i is..)

So there was supposed to be a charity event with a Halo 5 Tournament, and of course the online servers weren't working properly. Unfortunately, since Halo 5 MP only works with Live and doesn't have any crazy advanced features like say, LAN play, the tournament had to be cancelled.

http://gamersforgiving.org/halo-tournament-update/

Well this is embarrassing (and shows how incompetent 343i is..)

So there was supposed to be a charity event with a Halo 5 Tournament, and of course the online servers weren't working properly. Unfortunately, since Halo 5 MP only works with Live and doesn't have any crazy advanced features like say, LAN play, the tournament had to be cancelled.

http://gamersforgiving.org/halo-tournament-update/

To be fair, very few games support LAN play these days. It looks like all the COD games on Xbox One and The Master Chief Collection do but most other multiplayer focused games on consoles do not. The PC seems to be the only platform that still widely supports LAN play.