Halo: Master Chief Collection Master Thread

yourbeliefs

Something Profound
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
I figured that the Xbox One thread was getting "flooded" with MCC posts so I decided it would be best to isolate them to their own thread.

FYI: Play H1:CE today to get an easy achievement. Here's the other date related ones..They correspond to what day of the month each game was released.

A Day To Remember

Play Halo: CE on the 15th of any month.

Miss it tomorrow and you'll have to wait until next month. The other date specific achievements in the order that it is possible to unlock them are:

Third Time's A Charm

Play a game of Halo 3 on the 25th of any month.

A Long Time Ago

Play a game of Halo 4 on the 6th of any month.

Back At It

Play a game of Halo 2 Anniversary on the 9th of any month.

Nice. I didn't know about these date specific achievements. I haven't had a chance to play MCC today or yesterday. Did you notice any improvement since the first game update went live yesterday? Even if matchmaking isn't fixed yet I'm hoping the freezes on the loading screen, crashes, achievements that won't unlock, and campaign glitches are a thing of the past.

You can't manually change the date on the X1 to unlock date-specific cheevos? I did that a few times on the Ps3 if it meant I'd otherwise be waiting several months to polish my bright shiny plat. With that said, however, one of my prouder trophy hunting moments was being one of the first few people to unlock the "Storyteller" trophy in Batman Arkham City legitimately, which required visiting Calendar Man in his jail cell on 12 specific holiday dates over the course of a year.

Matchmaking still sucks. I just tried for nearly 20 minutes to play a game online and no matches were created. Hell I couldn't even get a custom game going (Because no one joined me. I feel lonely.) I can't really speak to the other changes at this point, but as far as matchmaking is concerned it's still borked.

Matchmaking still sucks. I just tried for nearly 20 minutes to play a game online and no matches were created. Hell I couldn't even get a custom game going (Because no one joined me. I feel lonely.) I can't really speak to the other changes at this point, but as far as matchmaking is concerned it's still borked.

I would join up with you but tonight is COD night on PS4 with my buddies.

You can't manually change the date on the X1 to unlock date-specific cheevos? I did that a few times on the Ps3 if it meant I'd otherwise be waiting several months to polish my bright shiny plat. With that said, however, one of my prouder trophy hunting moments was being one of the first few people to unlock the "Storyteller" trophy in Batman Arkham City legitimately, which required visiting Calendar Man in his jail cell on 12 specific holiday dates over the course of a year.
Speaking of calendar man..

I know a lot of people who are extremely unhappy with the bugginess of the game.

I know a lot of people who are extremely unhappy with the bugginess of the game.

I would be one of those people. The game has been out a week and custom games are still the only way to play online. Matchmaking is completely broken. That being said, custom games are a blast if you have a few friends to play with. I'm also going through the campaigns again.

Here are a couple clips from the custom games me and yourbeliefs played last night. You'll notice that I only recorded stuff that makes me look good. I wish I could put these into youtube and embed them here but uploading from the Xbox One to One Drive was glitching out last night.

https://t.co/Ptgcy7lPKc

https://t.co/d9xfS11DSq

I just beat Halo: CE. Those last 2 or 3 missions were much tougher than I remember on normal. Before I got the MCC I was thinking about playing all 4 games on legendary. Now there is no way I would go above normal unless I was playing co-op.

Each mission has an achievement if you can beat it under a set time limit. For most missions this is 15-20 minutes. I was usually somewhere between 40 minutes to an hour or more. You would have to know every detail of these levels to be able to beat those par times.

I got annoyed last night when I tried to play, only to find out that Live was down. At least I couldn't blame 343... THIS time..

I got annoyed last night when I tried to play, only to find out that Live was down. At least I couldn't blame 343... THIS time..

I didn't even realize Live was down last night. I just jumped into the campaign expecting to switch over to multiplayer if you guys got online. Since I never got notifications of people signing on I just finished CE and started Halo 2. My first impressions of Halo 2 are that the cutscenes look great. The actual gameplay looks pretty good too, especially when you push the button that shows you the original graphics. It pretty much looks like an Xbox One game even if there are plenty of games out there that look much better.

I didn't realize it either. It never formally said "Xbox Live is down." I sat in Matchmaking with nothing happening, so then I went to my friends list, only to see "This isn't working right now." Well, I can't do MM or CM so I guess I'm playing AC:U again!

Matchmaking was working a little better for me before our custom games last night. It still took too long to get into my first match but once I did it kept everyone together and I got 4 or 5 quick matches in a row. Once you got off last night a 4th person joined up with us and we tried to join matchmaking as a team. Unfortunately, matchmaking was either screwed up again or it has trouble finding games when 4 people are trying to join together. We ended up just playing a couple more custom matches and calling it a night.

Hopefully this fix actually does the trick and it's live before 7 or 8 tonight. I kind of think they might have it this time just because that list of fixes is so huge and they were delayed a day for certification. Hopefully that certification actually means something and Microsoft made sure it actually works this time.

Well, looks like the patch didn't fully work, or only fixed some problems and introduced others. While I am enjoying all the custom games, I also would like to be able to just pick a playlist and get a match going, and not have to coordinate every single time with other people.

Well, looks like the patch didn't fully work, or only fixed some problems and introduced others. While I am enjoying all the custom games, I also would like to be able to just pick a playlist and get a match going, and not have to coordinate every single time with other people.

Yeah, and I'd also like to join up as a team and play against other people in matchmaking. I found that matchmaking worked pretty well for me before and after our customs last night when I was on my own. When we tried to do it as a team it was a nightmare though. It took forever to find a game and after that game it dropped everyone from our party. Then you have to invite everyone again but people were getting connection errors that prevented them from joining back up. Even if that patch fixed most of the matchmaking problems for individuals matchmaking with a party is still broken.

Looks like the patch didn't work.
It worked somewhat, but no it's definitely not where the game should be at this point. I also find it amusing that they claimed that they fixed a bug in Halo: CE where fall damage wasn't being calculated right. Then after the update it actually got worse.

I think what makes people more annoyed about this whole thing is that we all realize that, if working properly, this is an AWESOME game. It's not like Assassin's Creed Unity, which is another obviously unfinished product, because even if they fix the frame rate issues and glitches, they can't fix the many underlying gameplay and story issues that plague the game. The problems with MCC hold back the game from being truly great, and we're all getting a little impatient since we know how good this SHOULD be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)