Status
Please reply by conversation.

branchbouncer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 5, 2004
Massanutten,VA
Well we had D* for 8+ years before we moved from Northern Va to Massanutten in the Shenandoah Valley(5 years ago), when we first moved here D* was not very good about our upfront prices to get new equipment, and it pissed me off so I went with cable, which I must say was really good PQ. But then of coures they did the jack up fees every so often to the point that with HSI and their best package it went to 186.00 p/m. To hell with them called E* and they told me how green their lawn was, so I said great, well their lawn isn't really that green, boy were they and I color blind. When to the local D* retailer tonight, install Tuesday, 2 HR24's and 1H24, MRV, and to top it off he got me a referal through his shop-10.00, now I don't know if this is standard but we also got HBO,Starz,Cinemax,Showtime(all of them) free for 3 months, Choice Ultimate and somewhere he managed to get 14.00 from somewhere else. Print out from him and D* shows first months bill 35.99, if everyone refers to D* as the dark side, well I'm liken it. Can't wait to call E* in the morning, and to think I only had 1 month left on my E* contract, sorry E* can't wait been hold'in it too long

welcome back to the good side (you need to change your signature) :)

I think right now they are giving all the movie channels free for 3 months with new installs
edit: checked D* site and yeah they are giving all the premiums free for 3 months

Yeah need to change it soon, hadn't seen that they giving all the premiums for 3 months, probably won't keep any but will be good for the winter, Thanks for the Welcome back Ice

Thanks, was playing with the HR24 at the retailers last night and it seems like a nice box. From what I have read here it seems as if people are happy with it

I have had both and prefer Dtv.
Swapping out many Dish customers, I hear similar stories of dislike.

However, there is a 2 sides of the coin and disgruntled Dish customer I change out, the is a tech somewhere swapping a disgruntled Direct customer out.

BTW, my main reason for preferring Dtv is the software in the equipment.
Much more user friendly in my opinion (and I actually have a lot more experience using Dish receivers).

I have had both and prefer Dtv.
Swapping out many Dish customers, I hear similar stories of dislike.

However, there is a 2 sides of the coin and disgruntled Dish customer I change out, the is a tech somewhere swapping a disgruntled Direct customer out.

BTW, my main reason for preferring Dtv is the software in the equipment.
Much more user friendly in my opinion (and I actually have a lot more experience using Dish receivers).

Like you said there are 2 sides to a coin, I am not trashing E* just wasn't for us, they both have good points. I had D* for many years in the past and had no problems with them, so it will be nice to see what it's like now. Kids want to check out Cinema +, hope it works for them. I could probably get along with just OTA as most of what I watch is nationals, but it is nice to have other options, thats why we have Netflix streaming and also Vudu, nice to have a choice

Hell, I suspect in our time all TV will be streamed though internet.

Not very likely at all; both lacking overall quality; lack of true high-speed coverage in all areas AND fighting over caps will prevent this for now. I see the cap fight getting way worse before it gets better and soon there will be tier pricing fights as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts