Happy Birthday Pete Rose!

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
Today is Pete Rose's 70th birthday. Happy Birthday to the all time hit King!

Happy Birthday to Charlie "Cheaty McCheatface" Hustle...and a Happy related Birthday to another famous cheater, Stella Walsh. :rolleyes:

What are you saying? That Rose was actually a woman. Your comparison makes you look stupid.

Pete Rose: Hall of Shame

What are you saying? That Rose was actually a woman. Your comparison makes you look stupid.
Well, one was named Peter and the other was hiding his Peter. :p

I'm saying that Peter is a cheater and I am tired of people sugar-coating this fact! You may consider taking a course in linear thinking because I am plainly comparing two infamous sports cheaters. Regardless, people also need to be reminded that it was Mr. Rose who agreed to a voluntary lifetime ban from baseball...not something an innocent person would ever do. ;)

So happy birthday to Pete Rose, Shoeless Joe Jackson, Mark McGuire and others who have cheated baseball, cheated themselves, and cheated millions of baseball fans. :rolleyes:

Finally, belated Birthday wishes to commissioners Giamatti, Vincent and Selig who acted appropriately in accepting, and enforcing, Pete Rose's voluntary lifetime ban. :hatsoff:

I've heard that there is a fair amount of evidence that Shoeless Joe Jackson was not actually guilty of anything.

Well, one was named Peter and the other was hiding his Peter. :p

I'm saying that Peter is a cheater and I am tired of people sugar-coating this fact! You may consider taking a course in linear thinking because I am plainly comparing two infamous sports cheaters. Regardless, people also need to be reminded that it was Mr. Rose who agreed to a voluntary lifetime ban from baseball...not something an innocent person would ever do. ;)

So happy birthday to Pete Rose, Shoeless Joe Jackson, Mark McGuire and others who have cheated baseball, cheated themselves, and cheated millions of baseball fans. :rolleyes:

Finally, belated Birthday wishes to commissioners Giamatti, Vincent and Selig who acted appropriately in accepting, and enforcing, Pete Rose's voluntary lifetime ban. :hatsoff:

You have obviously not ever read anything I have said of Pete. I have plainly said he cheated and committed the unforgivable sin in baseball. BUT, he should still be in the Hall of Fame for what he did on the field. Up until Selig got a burr up his butt, players that were banned for life were still eligible for the Hall of Fame if they were voted in by the writers. It wasn't until Rose was eligible for the HOF that he changed that rule.

Happy Birthday Charlie Hustle!

I've never condoned what you did off the field, but you're one of the greatest ever to play the game (and I can say that without an asterik)!! :up

I've never condoned what you did off the field, but you're one of the greatest ever to play the game (and I can say that without an asterik)!! :up

Totally agree. But I have to hold back my birthday wishes until I can be sure Rose won't charge me for it.

Sandra

Totally agree. But I have to hold back my birthday wishes until I can be sure Rose won't charge me for it.

Sandra

MP10000001369_P255075_500X500.jpg

That'll be $49.95 please...

:up:up

There is of course zero evidence that Rose "cheated". Heck he is Baseball's all time Hit King and managed a mediocre team to above average results. That is cheating? Imagine what he could do if he was really trying.

The Bond/Rose analogy is being discussed. The other analogy is even better in showing what a hypocrite, fool and incompetent Selig is. Steinbrenner. Convicted felon. Then banned for life for dealing with a gambler/mobster to (he says) get dirt on, or (the gambler says) "destroy" Dave Winfield, in order to get out of a foolish contract.

Let back in by Selig. Treated differently because he was born rich, and Pete was born poor. Really that simple.

Its time for Selig to go (and if he knew ANYTHING about steroids, to go to jail) and its time to complete the HOF by honoring Rose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts