Hard Drive Activation - Was i charged?

darrencp22

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
Lockport, NY (Buffalo Suburb)
I recently had a new external hard drive activated to my 622. I called the number provided, said i wanted the device activated, but no mention was made of a charge.

I simply said "I would like my Hard Drive activated" and he said, "you're all set".

I fully expect to have to pay the fee of course, but a bad job here not mentioning the charge, or perhaps they eliminated the charge?

Last edited:
We can dream... but seriously.. if I wasnt on this board and IF I didnt know, it would be a shock to find out. The rep didnt tell me and the message on rec makes no reference to a fee. I wonder how many people out there will be angry come bill time?

After I activated mine, I checked my bill online and it was there. Now, after I had some problems with my vip 622 and changed receivers, I checked my online bill and it is not there anymore. Maybe the weekend rep screwed up and erased it? I will just have to wait and see when I actually get my paper bill.

We can dream... but seriously.. if I wasnt on this board and IF I didnt know, it would be a shock to find out. The rep didnt tell me and the message on rec makes no reference to a fee. I wonder how many people out there will be angry come bill time?
...but seriously...if you weren't on this board and you didn't know about the fee...you probably wouldn't know you could activate your hard drive. :D

Not true, not true. I saw the ad on my dish-dvr so I went searching to find out more info about it and that's how I found this site. I need to call dish today to get a second HD receiver since I just got a second HD TV (and my 4 year old Dish HD receiver doesn't get the newer channels). One of the things I was going to ask about was the hard drive connection. But now that I know it's $39 I'm not going to move forward with that until my DVR drive gets filled up.

Linda

...but seriously...if you weren't on this board and you didn't know about the fee...you probably wouldn't know you could activate your hard drive. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts