Hardware error

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Deaver

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
anyone have experience trying to update the firmware on a Digiwave receiver? I went out to the site digiwavetechnologies.com and downloaded the correct firmware and FTLink 3.0. WHen I try to access the receiver, i get a "Hardware Error' message.

*Note: I am not trying to hack the reciever, I'm a FTA Hobbyist just trying to learn how things work. I"m using a RS232 cable to connect to COM1, but it says it can't find the receiver.

What do you use to upgrade your receiver?

no instructions, i got it off the digiwave site. I did try COM2, but it immediately says 'no connection'. Guess I go back and try to find a different cable.

this is what I could retrieve from the satellite, so that means it connects, right?
##########################################################################################################################
# #
# Factory data of the digital satellite receiver. #
# DOS text file. #
# #
##########################################################################################################################

# [satellite information] #
# tag sat_name lnb_low lnb_high lnb_type angle east_west DiSEqC 22KHz 0/12V 14/18V #
# (s) "ccccccccc" xxxxx xxxxx u/n xxx.x e/w n/a/b/c/d n/0/22 n/0/12 n/14/18 #
# s "ASTRA DEF" 9750 10600 universal 19.2 east a n n n #
# #
# [transponder information] #
# tag frequency symbol polar 22K 14/18V 0/12V FEC #
# (t) xxxxx xxxxx h/v 0/22 14/18 0/12 x/x #
# t 12663 22000 hor 0 14 0 3/4 #
# [program information] #
# tag prog_name sat_index tp_index serviceID video_pid audio_pid pcr_pid txt_pid scramble favorite lock #
# (v/r) "ccccccccccccc" xx xxx xxxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx 0/1 0/1 0/1 #
# v "ZDF On-line" 1 2 2048 4096 4097 4096 4000 0 1 0 #

Last edited:
Here is a Copy / Paste from another site....
What You Will Need:
• Digiwave 7200
• RS-232C Female-Female Null Modem Cable
• Computer

Instructions:

1. Download FTLink 3.4 (or newer version)
2. Download the newest bin file and unzip (make sure it says 7200 not 7000 or 5900)
3. Connect Digiwave to computer with null modem cable and switch it on
4. Open FTLink 3.4 and click [Setup Com] (it is usually Com1 but you can try Com2 if it doesn’t work)
5. Click [Upgrade 1] and find the bin you unzipped
6. Open it, it might show a warning {This bin is for whole upgrade only…} Just click OK
The display on the Digiwave will go from d000-d100
On your computer FTLink will show progress bar that goes to 515
Don’t worry that it says error 0 in the corner, it just means no errors
7. Click ok on the popup window
The display on the Digiwave will go from f000-f100

Deaver, if you need a null modem cable, and have an extra straight-thru, you can make it yourself.

You just cut the straight-thru and reverse pins 2 & 3, I did it a couple weeks ago when I updated the fw in my Quali-Tv, worked great.

Are you getting the Error at the same place as originally?
Do you have the correct Firmware?
Did you Un "RAR" the file you downloaded?

EDIT: compressed file is Rar, needs to be un Rar'd. &Zip is freeware that will do that.

phlatwound,
thanks for the info. I can try to create one, the cable I have has molded ends on it so I"m not sure what color goes to what pin. Maybe I can find another cable laying around that I can cut up.

phlatwound,
thanks for the info. I can try to create one, the cable I have has molded ends on it so I"m not sure what color goes to what pin. Maybe I can find another cable laying around that I can cut up.

Mine had molded ends also, once you cut the cable in half you'll see that all the little individual wires are different colors.

Just figure out which 2 wires are on pins 2 & 3, connect 2 to 3...and 3 to 2...and you're in business.

Last edited:
The Digiwave 7200 should use a Null Modem, at least that's what I read.

Lak, do you think he would have gotten as far as he has in the process if he is using the wrong cable?

Deaver, if you do try to make a cable I think you only need to hookup pins 2, 3 & 5 for it to work, at least that's all I reconnected after I cut mine in half. I think pin 5 is ground.

Lak7 - I unzipped the .rar file

I wasn't able to get to step 6 earlier (was using older version of FTLink). but still not able to get past the 'update message listed in step 6. so i think it is the cable.

after 2 botched attempts I was able to make a ethernet to serial cable (crossover). But I am still getting 'connection error' when I try to update/connect the reciever. Makes me think there is something not setup right. Very fustrating... :(

is there a way to check the receiver to see if the serial port on the back is 'active'?

using FTLink 3.4, setup to COM 1, shows 4 options for upgrading
upgrade 1 = hardware version error
upgrade 2 - update msg, then hardware version erro
upgrade 3 - hardware version error
upgrade 4 - sits forever at the connecting message

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)