Harlingen Tx. True South

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kool1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 3, 2006
Need help, What sat do I need to hit south Tx. so my motor will (0) out. I used to live in west-tenn and it was sat. (11) now that does't work here. I live in harlingen tx. Ann I have been working on for to days. I have a 20" tv on the root and it not so bad working on it. I just went out and bought a compass and all the setting that I'm grtting on the internet is {Latitude=26.1864,{longituded={90) degress 40mim.west.
dish eleation-58.5 Azimith
161.4 (magnetic compass)
polarisationon 13.3

AndI do not understand All of that, but the compass I understand.

I guess that I am just turn around from TN. and I am about to put my hair (out what left of it).
And the motor is going east when it is going west and vicevera. I have the HH90 motor and a 33" dish and an old pansat which hads a great blind scan.

Thanks for somebody help soon

Harlingen Texas is at 26.2N 97.7W

so your true south is G25 (IA5/T5 at 97W)...compass reading should be 184 (mag declination is -6)

latitude on the motor should be 26

So the sat that I'm am looking for is 97 west for True South and from there everyother sat should come in I hope. Thamks a million!

"And the motor is going east when it is going west and vicevera. I have the HH90 motor and a 33" dish and an old pansat which hads a great blind scan."

Make sure you entered 97.7 WEST vs 97.7 east. Most of my receivers default as east

hi there I use galaxy 16 99.0w as my true south satellite. I live 30-40 miles away from you mission,tx and it works just fine.

Last edited:
hi there I use galaxy 16 99.0w as my true south satellite. I live 30-40 miles away from you mission,tx and it works just fine.

The weeekend is gone and will try next, galaxy 16 sounds great will give a try

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)