Pansat 9200 software upgrade question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

boomer_106

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
I've had my 9200 for about 6 months. When I got it, it had the most up to date software from pansat so, I haven't changed it. Now on Pansats site there is a software labeled "remote access improvement" When I click on that it takes me to a page with a bunch of their receiver models listed. I download it but, all I am seeing is 9200HD b-07(b-08) LED Display Fix. I have no problem with LED as far as I know. I have noticed that the remote has to be pointed quite accurately to work the unit so that must be why this software is up. There was another thread here the other day that it might be to fix an issue with other remotes operating it, which I've experienced a bit of as well.

Question is... has anyone loaded this? Is it indeed for the remote? I hate to load an LED fix that I don't appear to need.

I loaded it thinking it might help with responses to other remotes. It did not. I did not have an issue with the LED Display either. I don't see any difference really. Pansat needs to get the remote issue fixed, and activate the esata port. It would be nice to have a channel editor and or allow us to change the sat order in the menu.

I loaded it thinking it might help with responses to other remotes. It did not. I did not have an issue with the LED Display either. I don't see any difference really. Pansat needs to get the remote issue fixed, and activate the esata port. It would be nice to have a channel editor and or allow us to change the sat order in the menu.

Well maybe it's safe to load then. Have you tried your remote from severe side angles? Say like 45 degrees off to the side. I've found mine doesn't work well unless I'm fairly well in front of it. It's worse than pretty much any IR device I've ever used so, I'm thinking maybe that's what the improved remote access is for.

I'm with you on the satellite editor and such. I'ts really bad we can't change the order of the sats when there is really no method to the madness of how they have them. If you're not going to let us move them at least make them alphabetical so we can find them.

The degree from off center that the stb responds to the IR is not very great. It's not an issue for me as the stb is directly below the TV and I sit 9 ft away directly in front of it.

I had time to play with the box today, scanning etc. I noticed that now the front panel LCD displays Signal Quality and Picture Quality when you press the green sig button on the remote. It does so by having digits one and two display SQ and digits three and four indicate PQ. I did not notice this before. It's a nice touch, reminds me of the Traxis 3500 that did the same sort of thing.

The degree from off center that the stb responds to the IR is not very great. It's not an issue for me as the stb is directly below the TV and I sit 9 ft away directly in front of it.

I had time to play with the box today, scanning etc. I noticed that now the front panel LCD displays Signal Quality and Picture Quality when you press the green sig button on the remote. It does so by having digits one and two display SQ and digits three and four indicate PQ. I did not notice this before. It's a nice touch, reminds me of the Traxis 3500 that did the same sort of thing.

Cool. Maybe I'll load it afterwhile and check that out.

I'd say its worth a go. It's super easy with the usb flash drive.

As I've said before, I don't see why the FTA manufacturers can't include a small text file listing the changes with each firmware release. I've also noticed that most pull the old firmware off of their site after releasing a new one. Very strange.

I just tried the software update and it doesn't help the issue I have. In my case, my other remotes interfere with the 9200. Such as my TV remote causes the 9200 to turn on or off.

I never noticed any LED problems.

I backed up my stored channels just in case.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts