Harmony 520 Remotes Under $30

Ive noticed a lot of creaking, and the volume and channel buttons suck on this one (been using my denon remote for volume). Now that I like Harmony, looks like an 880 is in my future (same price as a 670 right now on Amazon $120). I do like the Harmony control otherwise, great setup.
I think mine "creaked" too but I remember some of the buttons started to like loose contact, in that you had to press them harder before they'd work and then eventually I lost them entirely. I believe it's because the forward half is so thin that the "moment arm" stress of pressing the buttons nearer the front while holding it with a normal grip at the thicker part, causes it to repeatedly bend and eventually the circuit board develops a hairline fracture. I never took mine apart to see because I took it back for a refund.

I also like the Harmony concept and have been happy with the 670, which is built much better. Just need to get an IR adapter so it can also run our PS3. I had thought the USB module that Logitech includes with their game controller would work for their Harmony remotes but mine didn't.

I also like the Harmony concept and have been happy with the 670, which is built much better. Just need to get an IR adapter so it can also run our PS3. I had thought the USB module that Logitech includes with their game controller would work for their Harmony remotes but mine didn't.

There is a cheap IR remote listed in this thread for about $13 from amazon. The IR dongle from it works fine. I picked up from Amazon for $7 on Black Friday.

Yes the program was installed first. I'll probably just call tech support next time. I tried before but I was in a hurry and didn't have time to wait on hold.
Update on this. I ended up calling a CSR and they said to try using a different cord and/or a different port. I ended up doing both, and then it started to work. I got it to do most of what I need it to do, but for whatever reason the DVD system isn't functioning properly with it. I figure that'll be a call for next week to finish.

I wonder why this thread remains in the pub, but the one I started yesterday about a sale on the Harmony 880 for $99 was moved to the Home Theatre area.

Seems inconsistent.

I wonder why this thread remains in the pub, but the one I started yesterday about a sale on the Harmony 880 for $99 was moved to the Home Theatre area.

Seems inconsistent.
I guess only us Pub Members are allowed to have such cool deals known...

I kinda wish I had purchased more of these originally. Having 1 remote for all my house stuff would have been nice, but oh well. $30 that stays in my pocket until I blow it on something else. ;p

I realize this thread is very old but i'm curious to know about the members in this thread that bought an 880 at the time. after six months or more since you guys bought the harmony 880 what is your opinion of it? any problems charging the remote? any defective buttons on the remote after a few months of use? any other issues?

I am still interested in the 520 remote for my home theater setup. Is there anyone on here that is willing to part with one? The auction that this thread is based off of is no longer valid and I do not see another deal like that on ebay anywhere.

I am still interested in the 520 remote for my home theater setup. Is there anyone on here that is willing to part with one? The auction that this thread is based off of is no longer valid and I do not see another deal like that on ebay anywhere.

A few $$ more expensive ($38) at ecost:

eCOST.com-Logitech Harmony 520 Advanced Universal Remote - 966191-0215 - Logitech 966191-0215 (Accessories) - eCOST.com - electronics, computers, laptops, mp3 players

But ecost is known to be reputable.

They have several other models at different prices. Stuff tends to come and go here as they are a closeout place, so it pays to keep monitoring. For example, do a search on "harmony remote" and look at the 659 that is out of stock at $26. That was available last week.