Harmony 520 Remotes Under $30

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I can tell its kinda cheap. Ive been gentle with it. This is a test for me, and if im happy, ill look into one of the better ones like a 880.
Appreciate the heads up :up, even though I already bought a few. I will just have to be careful with them. If they do break, but they also perform how people here say, I will upgrade to a better model with better build quality
You're welcome. Upgrading is a snap. I returned the 520 to WM and eventually got the 670 at BB and then all I basically had to do was hook it up to the computer and use the "replace remote" option to load everything I had programmed into the old 520.

You're welcome. Upgrading is a snap. I returned the 520 to WM and eventually got the 670 at BB and then all I basically had to do was hook it up to the computer and use the "replace remote" option to load everything I had programmed into the old 520.

Sweet!

Will add the better Harmony as a bday present idea :)

Anyone else have problems with that seller? I ordered 3 of these remotes, and the box only contained 2, although the packing slip noted 3. I am on my second email in a week, with no response. Looking at his feedback, quite a few people have had similiar problems with this guy over these remotes.

Also I noticed that one of the boxes was opened and put back together. That I can live with, as the remote still works. False advertising, but not a HUGE deal. The non receipt of what I paid for is what bothers me. Nothing really to do though except for negative feedback (as if it matters...) if he doesnt respond, even though I will give him ample time to do so.

Mine was sent quickly, but I never had to contact him.
Yeah, mine were shipped quickly also. If they were all there, I would be a happy camper. I am assuming (out of the goodness of my heart) that the other remote is being shipped by itself for whatever reason (even though I saw someone else order three and only got two on feedback). Wait and see

I think I might pick one up since I can't find my remote to my Onkyo A/V receiver. I have another Cox universal remote programmed to my TV and A/V receiver. I usually just have two remotes. The 722 and the Cox remote. The Cox remote as 4 power buttons on it for each device so I just use that one to hit the power on the A/V receiver and TV instead of having to change modes on the 722 remote. The Cox remote can change all the video modes on the Onkyo except for DVD video mode so I have to get up for that one.

I don't think I can give up the 722 remote... I just love the layout and feel to the buttons. You can quickly find guide, bump 30 sec, pause, etc. All the major buttons have a unique feel to them. Whoever designed the remote I have for the 722 really took the time to think about it.

I think I might pick one up since I can't find my remote to my Onkyo A/V receiver. I have another Cox universal remote programmed to my TV and A/V receiver. I usually just have two remotes. The 722 and the Cox remote. The Cox remote as 4 power buttons on it for each device so I just use that one to hit the power on the A/V receiver and TV instead of having to change modes on the 722 remote. The Cox remote can change all the video modes on the Onkyo except for DVD video mode so I have to get up for that one.

I don't think I can give up the 722 remote... I just love the layout and feel to the buttons. You can quickly find guide, bump 30 sec, pause, etc. All the major buttons have a unique feel to them. Whoever designed the remote I have for the 722 really took the time to think about it.

I felt the same as you initially. But after a few days, I have gotten used to it.

My big achievement with it was programming my favorite Sirius channels. Don't ever have to turn on the TV again ( I run them through A/V receiver AUX )

I have two Harmony remotes, the 550 (a lot like the 520) and a Harmony ONE. I like them both, but I LOVE the ONE. I put 5 remotes worth of codes into this thing. It has a Favorites Menu for channels, and you can find the little Icons for the channels online for free. I love the fact that you can put commands into the activities Commands screens to run different devices, so you can change the surround affect on your reciever, the aspect on your tv, etc, without having to leave the activity. These things are brilliant. I bought one for my In-laws for Christmas. Now that I have had a Harmony, I will not be without one.

Yes, I got 2 in the same box, as ordered... and then I promptly used that same box to ship the one I decided I didn't want to the pub member who bought it. :D

Bought two of them and received them on Monday. No problems so far. Great price for a great remote.:D

I think it was a drug-dealer special. Get you hooked on the Harmony brand with a give-away, next thing you know you are buying an 880....then you gotta have the Harmony 1000.

What if you dont know the model # of some of your equipment? For example, I have a sony surround sound system thats a few years old now, but have no idea what the model # is and dont have the manuals anymore.

Last edited:
What if you dont know the model # of some of your equipment? For example, I have a song surround sound system thats a few years old now, but have no idea what the model # is and dotn have the manuals anymore.
It's not on the back of the unit? Did you mean Sony?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)