Harmony 520 Remotes Under $30

Ok, try this:
1. Go to Devices and delete your Satellite (click on the trash icon).
2. Click Add Device.
3. Select "Satellite" as a device type.
4. As a manufacturer select "Echostar" instead of "Dish Network"
5. enter 722 as a model.

This one does have "DVR" command. I just checked.
Give it a try.

Well, it worked...and it didn't. Yes, I get the DVR, but no skip back or skip forward. I would have to teach it these and a bunch of others. As echostar, it does not know it is a PVR. So, back where I started. Thanks anyway.

Last edited:
I didnt think about this being a IR remote (well I knew it, but dont know why I didnt REALLY think about it). I like it, but it will be shelved for a while until I can safely open the entertainment center doors (we have a one year old...). I guess I can use one in our bedroom, I may give the others as christmas gifts.

I would look into the 890 if it werent so darn expensive.

I didnt think about this being a IR remote (well I knew it, but dont know why I didnt REALLY think about it). I like it, but it will be shelved for a while until I can safely open the entertainment center doors (we have a one year old...). I guess I can use one in our bedroom, I may give the others as christmas gifts.

I would look into the 890 if it werent so darn expensive.

The 890 is an excellent remote! I love it especially in black. here was the best price I could find for it Logitech Harmony® 890 LCD Remote Control Harmony 890 - eBay (item 120353810651 end time Dec-29-08 21:14:38 PST)

Well, it worked...and it didn't. Yes, I get the DVR, but no skip back or skip forward. I would have to teach it these and a bunch of others. As echostar, it does not know it is a PVR. So, back where I started. Thanks anyway.
I am surprised they don't have correct codes for the 722. Make sure to let the tech support know - they will correct the database.

Does 722 come with the same remote as 622? If so, you can use codes for Dish Network VIP-622 - that one is correct for sure. ;)

I am surprised they don't have correct codes for the 722. Make sure to let the tech support know - they will correct the database.

Does 722 come with the same remote as 622? If so, you can use codes for Dish Network VIP-622 - that one is correct for sure. ;)
Well, no it isn't. No volume/mute controls. Not overly impressed with their database, at least not for Dish.

Well, no it isn't. No volume/mute controls.
Volume/mute controls? I am confused. Those should control your A/V receiver or the TV set, not the satellite receiver...

Volume/mute controls? I am confused. Those should control your A/V receiver or the TV set, not the satellite receiver...
For the 622, it does not allow you to control volume on ANYTHING. Not even an option. I've got it back to the way I originally had it.

For the 622, it does not allow you to control volume on ANYTHING. Not even an option. I've got it back to the way I originally had it.
I am sorry, but I am still confused. Are you talking about the Harmony remote? If so, the volume and mute buttons on that remote have nothing to do with the 722 or 622 device. They do not send any commands to your satellite receiver. They are mapped to a different device altogether: either the A/V receiver or the TV set, depending on how you answered the questions in the configuration wizard when configuring your Watch TV activity. You can also change the mapping yourself, but you should not map them to the Satellite device anyway.

then you need the 670 which completely controls my 622 with no problems

I am sorry, but I am still confused. Are you talking about the Harmony remote? If so, the volume and mute buttons on that remote have nothing to do with the 722 or 622 device. They do not send any commands to your satellite receiver. They are mapped to a different device altogether: either the A/V receiver or the TV set, depending on how you answered the questions in the configuration wizard when configuring your Watch TV activity. You can also change the mapping yourself, but you should not map them to the Satellite device anyway.
I am completely aware of all the above. I must be failing to use proper words. Like I said, I taught the 520 a couple of the 722 remote commands and I'm back in business.

Just trying to help. Ok, it sounds like you are all set.

I will definitely keep the one I have setup. I do like the "activities" feature. Minimizes controls. Just prefer the buttons on the 722 remote better. Instead of 4 remotes in the living room, there will be 2. :)

I will definitely keep the one I have setup. I do like the "activities" feature. Minimizes controls. Just prefer the buttons on the 722 remote better. Instead of 4 remotes in the living room, there will be 2. :)

:up:up
I did not realize how great the 622/722 remote was until I tried to substitute it. Harmony is a backup.

:up:up
I did not realize how great the 622/722 remote was until I tried to substitute it. Harmony is a backup.

+1000

The 622/722 remote is a great remote. But the Harmony has some nice features, and I do like eliminating the other remotes.

ARGHHH!!!! I had the Harmony pretty much figured out, and was getting used to it - when I realize today that none of the Dish features are working anymore. WHY? Because I setup a Slingbox on my other receiver, and to get that to work, I had to change from the RF Dish remote I was using to an IR remote. So... I swapped the remote from the first receiver. Worked like a charm.... until I tried to use the Harmony. Oops... that won't work with Dish set on an RF remote. DOH!

Well, it was a good experiment anyway. :)

I must attest to the claims of Logitech's superior customer support. I finally called yesterday to address a couple of issues. I am amazed that I have an "account" for a $30.00 remote. Anyway, the commands for the 722 that were missing (DVR and View LiveTV) are now there. Took a while to get somebody, but it was the day after Christmas...everyone playing with their new toys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)