Harmony One for the Hopper

Yes. Go into the device setup, power options, then pick my device has separate commands for on and off, and answer no about having the original remote, then pick Power On and Power Off. Then it prompts to quick check all related activities. After that it should use discrete on/off rather than power toggle.

There is a hopper profile for the harmony one now. I decided to check last night since I couldn't get the skip forward and back buttons working with the 922 profile. I also changed the delays to 0ms and it just as quick as the original remote.

There is a hopper profile for the harmony one now. I decided to check last night since I couldn't get the skip forward and back buttons working with the 922 profile. I also changed the delays to 0ms and it just as quick as the original remote.

Where can I find the Hopper profile? Thanks.

Yes. Go into the device setup, power options, then pick my device has separate commands for on and off, and answer no about having the original remote, then pick Power On and Power Off. Then it prompts to quick check all related activities. After that it should use discrete on/off rather than power toggle.
Thanks! I didn't know that was there.

I have had absolutely no luck at all in programming my harmony one to my hopper. Can't get it to do anything.....change channels, bring up the guide....nothing. I've gone thru the setup of a new device about a half dozen times, with both the 922 and the hopper device. Can't learn anything from the new remote at all....

HELP!!

Thanks in advance.

Lee

I have had absolutely no luck at all in programming my harmony one to my hopper. Can't get it to do anything.....change channels, bring up the guide....nothing. I've gone thru the setup of a new device about a half dozen times, with both the 922 and the hopper device. Can't learn anything from the new remote at all....

HELP!!

Thanks in advance.

Lee

Enable IR under the Settings -> remote options on the hopper (and joey if applicable).
You can't learn commands from the remotes that came with the new boxes because they are UHF only. (You don't need to anyway.)

HELP!!

Thanks in advance.

Lee

Here's a stupid question. I see you said you added it as a device, but have you added it to the activity you use to "watch TV"?

HELP!!

Thanks in advance.

Lee
You enabled IR on your Hopper? It's default setting is RF for the remote.

You enabled IR on your Hopper? It's default setting is RF for the remote.
The really weird thing is on my Hoppers & Joeys, IR was enabled. I needed to disable it on a couple of them so the IR would control just the ones I need it to.

Money-saving tip:

If one only has 5 devices, the Harmony 650 is a great value. It can do whatever the H-One can do, with the limitation of only controlling a total of 5 devices.
Also, the LCD screen isn't touch. So, it has hard buttons next to the on-screen icons. However, this is actually a plus, as there is no accidental presses of adjacent touchscreen buttons.
Plus, it has a more rugged build quality than the H-One, as well.
Finally, for about $50, it's a killer deal.

Money-saving tip:

If one only has 5 devices, the Harmony 650 is a great value. It can do whatever the H-One can do, with the limitation of only controlling a total of 5 devices.
Also, the LCD screen isn't touch. So, it has hard buttons next to the on-screen icons. However, this is actually a plus, as there is no accidental presses of adjacent touchscreen buttons.
Plus, it has a more rugged build quality than the H-One, as well.
Finally, for about $50, it's a killer deal.

Yeah I have a 650 in my game room (Harmony One in my family room) and it is a very nice remote. Plus, it has the colored buttons just like on the Dish remote so you don't have to dedicate separate buttons on the LCD for them. Very good value overall.

The DVR button on the 922 device profile is called "List" now. I was setting up my Harmony 700 and noticed that the DVR button wasn't listed anymore.
Thanks, i was looking for it in the Hopper/Joey profile but couldn't find anything

List = DVR

time to reprogram again... second time's the charm

I wonder if there's a way to get Logitech to update that name....

That's right! Another big plus for the 650.

I beta tested the Harmony 700 which is the exact same remote as the 650 from what I can tell except the 700 came with rechargeable batteries. Great remote for a second room or bedroom. From reading up on Logitech's financial reports, we should be seeing new Harmony remotes this year. About time if you ask me.

Hey we just set up our whole family room. First time with anything more than basic (analog) cable :D.

We have a Yamaha audio receiver, a Hopper, a Sharp TV, Sony Bluray and a 5-disc dvd player (for music).
Using the Hopper remote we can turn on/off TV, mess with volume of receiver, and even pause/play bluray which is awesome.
But it still seems like we're going to need to pick up the other remotes here and there.

Is the Harmony One the way to go? It seems some are saying you pull a profile of the commands while others say you learn it through IR? Does the Harmony One really take over everything or just "most common" tasks?

Thanks for your help :)

The Harmony one can do everything. Once programmed with the Logitech software via pc, it will control all of your devices. It can also learn via IR if you are missing any buttons you normally use. It really is convenient, as long as you set it up right. I'm also waiting for the new remotes that are going to replace it this year, supposedly soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts